Estimated build date emails.

danmit

Bronze Level Poster
How accurate are these estimated build date emails? My build is estimated to go into build on Thursday, anyone had these emails be accurate?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Lots of threads about build dates and it really does depend on what you have ordered. If it includes anything that was pre-order in the AMD Ryzen CPU or 3000 series GPUs then it’s likely it’s not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danmit

Bronze Level Poster
Lots of threads about build dates and it really does depend on what you have ordered. If it includes anything that was pre-order in the AMD Ryzen CPU or 3000 series GPUs then it’s likely it’s not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting on a build with an i9 10850k and 6900 XT. Been told multiple times by customer services that everything in my build is in stock.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Waiting on a build with an i9 10850k and 6900 XT. Been told multiple times by customer services that everything in my build is in stock.
Just because it's in stock doesn't mean it goes into build, it will still be in a queue.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I expect the estimated build date though would be more accurate, but never guaranteed - for example, if all the components come in on the other orders that were made before yours, then building priorities will change to those older orders.

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
I got three of these emails over the course of 15 calendar days. First two were for 25/1 build date, then it shifted to 22/1 on the last one (received on Sunday). I went into build on the evening of the 19/1 so there's hope for you yet!

Rbaut

Bronze Level Poster
I got three of these emails over the course of 15 calendar days. First two were for 25/1 build date, then it shifted to 22/1 on the last one (received on Sunday). I went into build on the evening of the 19/1 so there's hope for you yet!

I've been on a similar trajectory. 3 emails, first stated build date of 01/02, second stated 28/01 and the third 26/01. Fingers crossed this holds true and I get an email on Tuesday telling me it's in build!

Even if not entirely accurate relative to your specific build, the date coming forward must only be a positive thing.

danmit

Bronze Level Poster
Went into build late last night and is currently in testing.

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I've received three of these so far since ordering 5th Jan.

Initial estimate was 15th Feb, latest one as of this week states 8th Feb. Fingers crossed it goes down again, as none of the system was "pre-order only".

Noway21

I've had a similar case with the date jumping forward. Hoping it keeps going forward!

One thing I noticed is that the average build time where they show the stats for the previous 5 days has been dropping and that the % of desktops dispatched within 28 days has also been increasing. A good sign to be sure.

MadK17

Bronze Level Poster
I've had a similar case with the date jumping forward. Hoping it keeps going forward!

One thing I noticed is that the average build time where they show the stats for the previous 5 days has been dropping and that the % of desktops dispatched within 28 days has also been increasing. A good sign to be sure.
You need to be careful with that number as it get artificially inflated every time a new batch of GTX 3070s or 3080s drop and they address orders with 70+ waiting days.

There's also no priority for higher cost builds vs cheaper ones if all components on stock. It's solely on order date