ETA: Matte Screens for AMD 7970M (15'6)

nutsey

Hi guys,

I know this has been mentioned in a few other threads but I don't think there has been a distinct answer yet.

When will there be matte screens available for orders with the 7970m?

Also last time I mentioned this (about a month ago) there were some spares that could be requested with and order plus an expectancy to have all models defaulting to Matte due to an upcoming shipment of new screens. Is this still the case?

Cheers again for your help

K

rickne

Master Poster
Is that the standard Matte screen or the AUO one? It doesnt read out of stock when I click on express delivery. Only the CPU I chose.

nutsey

It's the standard Matte.

If you select the 7970m + the Matte as mentioned and try to checkout you get the following:

"At present the standard matte screen can only be ordered with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M or Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M. Please either select a glossy screen or the 95% gamut version of the matte screen."

Would rather not spend the extra £79

nutsey

haha trueeeeeee it is... but honestly I don't think I am convinced in terms of £ - power right now. I know that neither really have official drivers so it sort of is difficult to say who is better, but almost £200 more? Eh...

There is no doubt that the 680 is technically speaking a better, beefier card so as far as longevity goes it may be a safe bet to go with it purely for that. Might mean I last another year before my next upgrade!

Still, I keep going back to the gaming benchmarks and I don't know whether I see an extra £200 worth of performance!

rickne

Master Poster
I can understand that I really can. My problem is a simple one . Single cards don't completely...er do it for me so to speak. Im a Crossfirex/sli geek. But if im to choose a single card I have to settle for the single 680. You wont regret your choice though. Even if there are a few bad stories. I bet a ton are happy though. You just dont hear about the happy ones.

nutsey

Well it's no so much that you hear bad things, quite the opposite in fact. But same goes for the ATI also.

It may also be that I have always gone for ATI... do I cross the bridge!

rickne

Master Poster
My last two cards have been ATI. My first two were Nvidia. More problems with ATI but mainly down to the fact I have them both in Crossfirex (5870s in lap top , and 6950s in Desktop). My nvidia cards hailed back to the 8600M in my old inspiron and 8800GT in old DEll dimension.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Standard matte on 17.3" and 15.6" Vortex III will be in stock in the next few days :)