EVE Online

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster
Just figured I'd ask around the forums, find out if there are any other EVE Online pilots here on the PCS forums?

It's not a great game, I know, but for some reason I find myself being dragged back to it every time I stop playing. Plus, I love MMOs that you can pay for using ingame money :)

BAD SANTA

Yer I'm a big fan of eve but I always do a free trial and then when it expires just stop playing.
Really I should buy a sub coz it is a great game except when you go to low-sec and some super elite warps in and blows the crap out of your ship you spent the last 10 days mining for lol.

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster
I really loved it when I first started playing, and now I can make enough ISK ingame to pay for my subscription :) If I had to pay real money for the sub though, I probably wouldn't play anymore...

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
I've played it for a while - but it didn't really drag me in as much as other MMO's do. There's certainly something to it, but the overall experience isn't fantastic.

Gishank

Bright Spark
I used to play it a while back, I played it for almost a year but I slowly grew bored of it as it was rather repetative.

LFFPicard

Godlike
I liked it, but I love space battles!

Went on some raids once witch was fun even if I was in a crappy ship and had some corp wars.
Mainly at the moment I have 2 accounts training up for high end mining once is going for a orca, the other is going for Hulk with elite drone support. I don't play hardcore any more but used to play a lot with Evil Tactician.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
My character turned 7 at the start of the year :D

I have played on and off throughout that time...mainly off atm. I still need to put it on my new machine to get skill training again.

I played solidly for a few years, proper 0.0 stuff, but havent had time to do anything useful in the last year, especially after the alliance I was in broke up/went in another direction.

I actually disagree Facetious, I think its one of the best MMOs, maybe just because its different than the rest in the way it works, but if you actually play EVE properly, and get involved in all the player driven stuff, its exponentially better than the others (though I like alot of them too!)

I just wish I could work out a way to log on once a month and make enough ISK to pay the sub!

LFFPicard

Godlike
Mining :D

That's why I am going for the Orca/Hulk, the Hulk will train refinement to get less waste on my ore while my other char trains for the orca.

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster
Well, I blitz level 4 missions in my Machariel these days to pay for my subscription, it only takes a couple of hours each week to pay for the PLEX. Any ISK I make on top of that normally goes towards some PvP ships, or better modules/implants.

Also, Deadeye, I think I should have expanded a little when I said it wasn't great. What I meant was that the game wasn't totally balanced (ie blasters and rockets), yet CCP seems to be focusing on releasing new stuff (ie walking in stations) instead of fixing the old stuff. For a while I really loved EVE, blowing up opposing gangs in 0.0, and small gang roaming in low sec, but now more and more people seem to be resorting to gate camps and blobbing :(

So, in my opinion, the game itself is very good for an MMO, but CCP and some of the other players are preventing it from being a truly awesome game.

*Also, if you want to talk ingame, the name is Hallo170

Last edited: