Every game crashes!

mikesaa309

Silver Level Poster
Hi, I've had my Octane 3 for about 3 years now and recently I was playing CyberPunk 2077 and it crashed. Restarted game and no more than 10 mins later it crashes again. No warning, no errors just freezes for a few seconds then closes to desktop. Thought this was just CyberPunk 2077 being buggy especially as it seemed to start happening after the 1.06 update. Then today I had a play on American Truck Simulator and that did the exact same thing! Thought it was mods so disabled them, still same issue. Then tried Hitman 2, same issue. I figured maybe it's just steam games so I started up Forza 4 and had no issues even on max graphics settings. But then I tried snow runner which I have on Epic Games launcher and it too crashed exactly the same as CyberPunk and the other games did.

I looked at the windows error reporter thing and some of the games have an "APP CRASH" some have "AppHangB1" and some like CyberPunk have "D3DDRED2". Then I noticed at the bottom there's window errors and in the summary column it gives a hardware error and if I click on it I get a "LiveKernalEvent 141" error.

From my limited knowledge, this is possibly GPU hardware issue isn't it? I've literally tried everything except a clean install of windows. I've done DDU and reinstalled latest graphics drivers, rolled back graphics drivers to an older version, done cmd prompt commands, did valley stress test (got same error), reinstalled steam and a bunch of other things.

Please someone tell me that it's possibly a software issue that I somehow haven't checked yet? Another odd thing is that I noticed that when I unplug my power cable the charging symbol still shows in the task bar? I thought maybe charger might be the issue so I tried the one from my old laptop and still got same crash and error in CyberPunk. Anyone got any ideas on what to do besides clean install windows which I doubt will fix it as I'm getting more certain it's the GPU that's on it's way out. GPU temps seem normal by the way and no abnormal spikes in GPU usage. Everything is stock so no overclocks etc.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I've had my Octane 3 for about 3 years now and recently I was playing CyberPunk 2077 and it crashed. Restarted game and no more than 10 mins later it crashes again. No warning, no errors just freezes for a few seconds then closes to desktop. Thought this was just CyberPunk 2077 being buggy especially as it seemed to start happening after the 1.06 update. Then today I had a play on American Truck Simulator and that did the exact same thing! Thought it was mods so disabled them, still same issue. Then tried Hitman 2, same issue. I figured maybe it's just steam games so I started up Forza 4 and had no issues even on max graphics settings. But then I tried snow runner which I have on Epic Games launcher and it too crashed exactly the same as CyberPunk and the other games did.

I looked at the windows error reporter thing and some of the games have an "APP CRASH" some have "AppHangB1" and some like CyberPunk have "D3DDRED2". Then I noticed at the bottom there's window errors and in the summary column it gives a hardware error and if I click on it I get a "LiveKernalEvent 141" error.

From my limited knowledge, this is possibly GPU hardware issue isn't it? I've literally tried everything except a clean install of windows. I've done DDU and reinstalled latest graphics drivers, rolled back graphics drivers to an older version, done cmd prompt commands, did valley stress test (got same error), reinstalled steam and a bunch of other things.

Please someone tell me that it's possibly a software issue that I somehow haven't checked yet? Another odd thing is that I noticed that when I unplug my power cable the charging symbol still shows in the task bar? I thought maybe charger might be the issue so I tried the one from my old laptop and still got same crash and error in CyberPunk. Anyone got any ideas on what to do besides clean install windows which I doubt will fix it as I'm getting more certain it's the GPU that's on it's way out. GPU temps seem normal by the way and no abnormal spikes in GPU usage. Everything is stock so no overclocks etc.
Have you cleaned or repasted since you’ve had it? Have you checked temps?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm pretty certain it's my GPU that's had it. Guessing there's no where to get a replacement GPU?
I'm not sure any of those errors particularly point to the GPU, it's a bit early to rule out a software issue at the moment I'd say. Clean install of windows would be the first thing I'd try.

You'd have to ask PCS about a replacement GPU, or you can order one through Eurocom to fit yourself, but they are prohibitively expensive:

Your clevo model number will be on the underside of the laptop.

mikesaa309

Silver Level Poster
Have done clean install and still crashes with same error. Done ram memory test and that's fine too. I've even swapped the charger for another one and still crashes. It might be an issue with DrectX but would have thought a clean install would fix it. Also forza 4 seems to play fine without crashing and so does Beam NG.drive. No odd temp issues and game performance is fine otherwise.