Everybody laugh at my stupidness please

isakal

Yup, that strange, circular looking yolk was indeed the antennae and is now picking up the network without breaking a sweat. Speeds are pretty much on par using wireless to my router versus using the wired connection, maybe +10 ping compared to using the cable.
Thanks again guys!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yup, that strange, circular looking yolk was indeed the antennae and is now picking up the network without breaking a sweat. Speeds are pretty much on par using wireless to my router versus using the wired connection, maybe +10 ping compared to using the cable.
Thanks again guys!

No worries mate, I didn't expect to have to plug in an ugly white cable either! I can say that the wireless is brilliant, to the point where I only wanted to use it for a week or two till I bought homeplugs... a month later I still haven't bothered buying any! The wireless is a bit hit and miss when downloading, the speeds shoot up and down a lot but while gaming it's perfect. Battlefield I stay below like 60 ping and the only game I have issues with is Guild Wars 2 occasionally but I believe that's server lag more than anything else :\

Punchback

Bronze Level Poster
Well why we all telling are miss fortunes XD might as well say mine

When i got mine through i was so excited i opened her up so fast and just smiled. I made sure i had everything and checked inside to see what i excately ordered and it looked mighty fine... So i put it in my room spend about 20 mins re ranging room for it, plugged her all in did all the windows stuff, right let connect to the internet..

Sorry no routers where found... i try again.. same thing... i check my router is on... try again.. same thing. i puzzle for about 10 mins thinking i bet it the drivers need a quick check so re install them... Same thing still came up... Started to get worried not knowing what it was. So read the whole welcome pack book and the wifi card leaflet no help... so i raid the welcome pack box only to find these black stick things. being me i totally forgot what they were and put them to one side. So i keep trying to connect to internet over and over again for like an hour... then look over to them black sticks only to realise there were the antennas for the wifi card...

The stupidity i felt was increadabile forgetting to put on the antennas..

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Haha we've all done it! The worst was one I read the other day... a guy who had ordered his motherboard thinking wi-fi was built in.... it wasn't. xD

Punchback

Bronze Level Poster
Haha we've all done it! The worst was one I read the other day... a guy who had ordered his motherboard thinking wi-fi was built in.... it wasn't. xD

Ouch XD that would suck so much XD no internet... what would become of me :L