Everyday use/mid Gaming System

robnea

Bronze Level Poster
Hey All,

Here's my choice for a everyday use/mid gaming system.

I know Intel is the obvious choice for gaming but I prefer AMD as i've had them on all my PC's and they do a great job with most games.

I'll also be using her for 3D modeling in Sketchup so i'm hoping this is enough RAM, I've also included a wireless PCI card just incase my current LAN cable can't reach it as I'm changing rooms at home.

So here she is ordering Friday or Saturday:

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD FX-6200 Six Core CPU (3.80GHz/6MB CACHE/AM3+)
Motherboard
ASUS® M5A97 R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s, Windows 8 Ready!)
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE AMD CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
2 DAY DELIVERY TO CHANNEL ISLANDS (VAT EXCLUSIVE) (£19)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £713.33 including VAT and delivery.

Let me know what you think,

Many thanks

Robert

Grinder

Enthusiast
Does it really need an 850 PSU ?

Other than that looks well balanced although you could look at an A8 CPU and a caviar black hd.

robnea

Bronze Level Poster
I was thinking about the PSU, mainly because I've got a 1TB HDD with my games installed already, plus a 1TB WD passport which is always plugged in, as well as a 24inch Flatscreen I already have for the monitor.

I was also thinking about the PSU just incase in the near future I decide to add another 660. :)

I weren't too sure about the A8 seeing as there werern't much difference to the A6.

Thanks for the reply

Robert

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I was thinking about the PSU, mainly because I've got a 1TB HDD with my games installed already, plus a 1TB WD passport which is always plugged in, as well as a 24inch Flatscreen I already have for the monitor.

I was also thinking about the PSU just incase in the near future I decide to add another 660. :)

I weren't too sure about the A8 seeing as there werern't much difference to the A6.

Thanks for the reply

Robert

Including the 2 HDD 850w seems high, I don't think the monitor matter when calculating PSU requirements. You could check in the configurator by adding a couple of HDDs. An intel CPU will also be good for more CPU intensive applications, the i5 should outperform the fx-6200.

Grinder

Enthusiast
The A8 has 8 cores and the A6 has 6 cores.

More cores will help you when 3d modelling but won't help for game's as its depends on how good each core runs.

Most game's only need 3 cores at most.

As Ruben says the i5 are better and more efficient than AMD.

robnea

Bronze Level Poster
Perhapes but When you have a £700 budget including a High range graphics card it is often better to go with the cheaper option.

Like I said I prefer AMD to Intel. Witht the cheapest I5 including a 600W PSU & A decent graphics card with my other required hardware its an extra £70-£100 something which I don't plan on going up to.

You guys say intel because you have intel CPUs. Uless you can find me a decent system without VAT including the 660 ti and a decent intel CPU with a £720 max budget then I'll be sticking to my current choice.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You guys say intel because you have intel CPUs. Uless you can find me a decent system without VAT including the 660 ti and a decent intel CPU with a £720 max budget then I'll be sticking to my current choice.
I understand you want to stick to your budget, I was only offering a suggestion. I have both a pc with an intel cpu and another with an AMD cpu, neither gives me an issue.

robnea

Bronze Level Poster
I'm sorry If it sounded harsh, I just want her to be able to run most games on fairly high graphics :(

I was looking at the 2500K but this was before I found out my current GC a GTX 460 is failing.

Sorry

Robert