Evil Dead (2013)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Going to see this film tomorrow night and am pretty freaked out lol. I cant remember the last time i was this anxious about a horror film, its going to be ace.

Anyone else going to see this?

I was a big fan of the originals

I've put up the green band trailer for family safeness but if you look up the red band if you want its more em... juicy??

[video=youtube;AnCV5tmdKTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnCV5tmdKTY[/video]

Keithg

Enthusiast
I have seen the originals and enjoyed them, but to be honest I don't think I am man enough for this.
I am a bit of a wimp as far as scary movies go.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I have seen the originals and enjoyed them, but to be honest I don't think I am man enough for this.
I am a bit of a wimp as far as scary movies go.

LOL, there is no shame in that, im actaully thinking of taking headphones and my pillow lol. Its the noise that always gets me, i was going to wait till DVD and sit there MUTE button on hold but my GF and my mates like to watch my reaction to scary films and bought me tickets to go see it.

Paranormal Activity marathon i sat there prety much in fettle position rocking back and fro until it was all over.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
it wasn't as scary as i hoped and thats what everyone has said but its classic scary horror which i appreciated more to be honest, it had a great tale to tell and even a few laughs although im not sure if they were intended that way but i will definatly be buying this when it comes out.

5 people left our screening =O

Spud UK

I was really looking forward to watching this but couldn't due to grabbing lots of overtime at work (which was needed to part fund a new PC and part fund a holiday). Never mind though, the blu ray will be out in a few months and hopefully it will contain the 'extended', 'unrated', 'extreme' moniker featuring all new gore not seen in the cinema version :)

Damn. My first post hasn't shown up....it makes it look like I've joined up without posting in the new members section :(

Last edited:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey Spud, it was good, the posters may have been exaggerating with the most terrifying film you'll ever see but i thought it was a good film and will definatly be getting it. I hope there is an uncut version too but i read an interview in Empire and it said they only had to cut a bit from the knife tongue scene.

Saying that i've found Empire to be not on the same page as me when it comes to films lately, as they gave a film called Olympus down 2 stars and i've been to see it twice now. Was worth way more than 2 stars.

Welcome to the forums though, you could still put a post up saying hi.

Spud UK

:)
Well the Blu Ray details are out now and there's not a unrated version in site. Some people are speculating that the unrated release will follow a month after (as if!).
Haven't seen Olympus Down yet, but I like my action flicks Hard. Nasty. Juicy. none of this PG cr*p :)

Thanks for the welcome!