Ex Mac user - Just got an Aorus 15P (FN key HELP!)

iMikez

Coming away from MacOS after about 5 years, and easing back into windows is tough. Unfortunately, there is just one thing stopping me from enjoying this beast of a machine.

I have to press fn key ever ytime, if I want to hit the volume or brightness keys. This is so annoying. I can't stand this. Surely there must be a way to switch it so that I can press the function keys without having to press fn. I didn't need to do this on my macbook

Does anyone own this laptop that can help

D

Deleted member 17413

Macs and Fkeys are different, and theres not really anyway around it..
Are you able to post your full PCS specs?

iMikez

Macs and Fkeys are different, and theres not really anyway around it..
Are you able to post your full PCS specs?
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎27/‎04/‎2021
OS build 19042.631
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

D

Deleted member 17413

I need your full specs, if you log into your PCS account and go to orders, click on the order and scroll down to the "post to forums" button, it will give you the full specs in a format you can copy and paste here.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is more a software issue so although it’s not a PCS laptop, I think it’s ok to still give advice.

There are some key remapping programs which are worth looking into:

iMikez

This is more a software issue so although it’s not a PCS laptop, I think it’s ok to still give advice.

There are some key remapping programs which are worth looking into:

Thank you. Massive help. I was able to remap my volume keys.

Just cant seem to do the brightness, keys. Not seeing that option with sharp keys. However, I'm very pleased

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On the Mac the 'function' of the function key is primary, and the F# is the secondary function - unless you set the preference for them to act as 'normal' function keys all the time - then you have to press Fn key to get the secondary action.

2021-04-28_13-09-23.png

On my HP Z-Book, to do the same thing I have to change a BIOS setting to make the function keys default to the action rather than the F# (Action Keys Mode below).

c02035200.jpg

Don't know if the BIOS on the PCS machine has a similar setting.