Excellent Support from PCS - Thank You!

Bishybarnybee

Bronze Level Poster
I would just like to record some excellent support from PCS and to say thank you!

I received my desktop PC from PCS a couple of months ago and everything has been great since day one.

However, on the morning of Friday (13th) I had a problem with it - the screen suddenly went blank (no signal being received) although fans and everything else seemed to be running.

I checked the cables/connections checked the screen with the laptop and swapped over ports (from hdmi to dvi) to no avail.

I then switched off and rebooted the PC only to hear one long beep followed by three short beeps from the POST. On looking this up it translated to "No VGA detected".

Removing and re-seating the GPU card did not make any difference to the boot error so I telephoned PCS and spoke to a very helpful Technical Support person called Wayne.

We went through the symptoms and steps I had taken and decided that it looked like the GPU card (GTX 780) had given up the ghost (one of those irritating nuisance things that technology products tend to do occasionally!).

Wayne then checked that there was a replacement in stock and asked whether I was comfortable/confident replacing it myself or if I wanted to send the PC back for PCS to replace it.

I confirmed I was happy to replace it myself and he arranged to have a replacement GPU card sent to me and for the courier to collect the dead one from me at the same time.

I received email confirmation a bit later that the GPU had been dispatched and I should expect to receive it on Monday. I resigned myself to a weekend without the PC.

On Saturday morning (14th) I was delighted to receive an email and text from DPD to say my package would be delivered between 13.25 and 14.25 that day by Paul my delivery driver.

Paul duly arrived at 13.26, handed me a box containing my replacement GPU and collected the old one from me.

I took the box indoors and left it beside the computer for a couple of hours (to acclimatise to room temperature as it felt quite cold after being on the van and I wanted to avoid any potential problems from condensation).

I installed the new GPU card later that afternoon and was soon up and running on the PC with everything back to normal again.

Thank you very much PCS, DPD and Wayne for such a quick and relatively painless resolution to my problem.
:)

Cricky

Enthusiast
It's nice seeing good feedback on the forums. That's one of the reasons I recently bought a laptop from PCS. Though the other reason was the price, and that was actually the main one, but good customer service is always a plus. :)

I had an issue with my GPU switching and emailed PCS on Friday evening but one of their guys (moosEh) sorted my issue on the forums before they could respond. Which they did early on Monday morning.

I can see why people keep buying from here.