Extra Case Fans

Surreal

Hi

I am currently in the pre-production queue for a PC containing an RTX 3080, but during the course of this PCS have now started stocking a case that I would like to amend my order with (Corsair 4000D), my current selected case is a Corsair Carbide 275R. I also have 3 extra fans as an addition to my order already (no problems when order was placed)

Thing is when I try to amend my order for the new case, the configurator won't let me continue as it states the Corsair 4000D only has availability for 2 additional fans as my AIO cooler takes up 2 fan slots and that I need to reduce the number of extra fans of my order.

Now, I know that the case actually supports six 120mm fans based on the reviews I have seen and I suspect that the reason the configurator is giving me trouble is that the case already comes with 2 stock fans. However, I was under the impression that if you order extra case fans and they exceed the number of fans the case was capable of holding, that the stock fans would be replaced with the additional fans that are part of the order.

Am I wrong on this? I have already sent an email to the PCS team and am awaiting a response. Has anyone else had this issue, and how was it resolved?

I know the obvious solution is to just get the fans separately and install them myself once the PC arrives but I'm just lazy and would rather let professionals handle this within PCS if possible.

Ash_

Master Poster
Phone pcs as ask then to make the amendments, the configurator doesn’t allow it. You are correct though, the 4000D supports 6 fans

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Hi

I am currently in the pre-production queue for a PC containing an RTX 3080, but during the course of this PCS have now started stocking a case that I would like to amend my order with (Corsair 4000D), my current selected case is a Corsair Carbide 275R. I also have 3 extra fans as an addition to my order already (no problems when order was placed)

Thing is when I try to amend my order for the new case, the configurator won't let me continue as it states the Corsair 4000D only has availability for 2 additional fans as my AIO cooler takes up 2 fan slots and that I need to reduce the number of extra fans of my order.

Now, I know that the case actually supports six 120mm fans based on the reviews I have seen and I suspect that the reason the configurator is giving me trouble is that the case already comes with 2 stock fans. However, I was under the impression that if you order extra case fans and they exceed the number of fans the case was capable of holding, that the stock fans would be replaced with the additional fans that are part of the order.

Am I wrong on this? I have already sent an email to the PCS team and am awaiting a response. Has anyone else had this issue, and how was it resolved?

I know the obvious solution is to just get the fans separately and install them myself once the PC arrives but I'm just lazy and would rather let professionals handle this within PCS if possible.
The 4000D has room for 6 fans without an AIO. With an AIO two of those slots are gone so you can fit an AIO and 4 fans. Two come with the case - so you can only add 2 more yourself.

The configurator is correct as far as I can tell? I don't think it will allow you replace anything - such as stock with additional - without talking to PCS directly and seeing if they will allow it during the build.

D

Deleted member 17413

As Ash has said, you would need to contact them.
They would very likely replace the existing fans, but the way the configurator works means it adds to existing.

Im sure ive seen people do it in the past, phone call or email to arrange (phone probably easier) and they can manually add the amendment and will put a note on the build.

Ash_

Master Poster
The 4000D has room for 6 fans without an AIO. With an AIO two of those slots are gone so you can fit an AIO and 4 fans. Two come with the case - so you can only add 2 more yourself.

The configurator is correct as far as I can tell? I don't think it will allow you replace anything - such as stock with additional - without talking to PCS directly and seeing if they will allow it during the build.
Yes this is correct, they’d need to take out the front fan and not use it (whether they refund that fan or not, i don’t know).

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Yes this is correct, they’d need to take out the front fan and not use it (whether they refund that fan or not, i don’t know).
I doubt they would refund it because it’s part of the case as supplied as such. I would expect if they will replace it then the removed fan would be included loose in your welcome pack.