Extreme gaming laptops - cooling

Elhan

Bronze Level Poster
I've had a problem with laptops in the past with respect to cooling, in that they overheat very easily when I'm gaming and wear down over time. Just wanted to ask, how well constructed are the extreme gaming laptops from a cooling/ventillation PoV when compared to other options like ASUS or Alienware's gaming laptops? Particularly the Vortex Ultimate and Vortex II 17?

LinearHD

Rising Star
I've had a problem with laptops in the past with respect to cooling, in that they overheat very easily when I'm gaming and wear down over time. Just wanted to ask, how well constructed are the extreme gaming laptops from a cooling/ventillation PoV when compared to other options like ASUS or Alienware's gaming laptops? Particularly the Vortex Ultimate and Vortex II 17?

Those laptops are built for gaming/extreme, so they'll be perfectly capable of cooling themselves.

Shiandy

Those laptops are built for gaming/extreme, so they'll be perfectly capable of cooling themselves.

That's a bold statement, I've been using gaming laptops for years, and whilst I appreciate the chassis / cooling designs have improved over the years, there's nothing wrong with a little xtra investment on a decent cooling tray.

I'd recommend the Zalman NC2000, been using it for a few years does a good job.

Link here: http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=280

MrShteeeve

Yeah I'd recommend zalman as well I'm using the Zalman NC3000S with my Optimus II and it really does make a nice difference, I got mine for £27.50 off ebay so it's not that much to fork out for one :)

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
I'm using the Zalman NC-2500 which is suitable for laptops up to 17" and includes an external HDD bay.
It takes 2 USB ports on your laptop but gives 3 ports back via it's hub. The only downer I'd note is that the external HDD bay (2.5") built-in doesn't have eSATA.

I can highly recommend this product and as you can see from the above responses, all of this Zalman range of laptop cooling pads are good.