Eyefinity Setup

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Hi folks,

Tomorrow is D'day in a sense for me! Lol. I have ordered myself 2 extra monitors to enable me to have a 3 screen setup. Now one question I want to ask is on my single 7870 how much should it affect my games theoretically? By a little or by a huge amount? I ask because I need to take not as to whether I'm going to need to add a second graphics card and replace my power supply in the near future.

I play games such as cod, and euro truck simulator 2 and farming simulator etc. All help would be great.

Cheers

Jonny

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think it will push your gpu pretty hard, although AMD are known for eyefinity. Therefore I can only suggest to give it a try and see how you go :)

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
I thought that, but as you say theres only one real way of finding out and thats by going out and doing it. Will have my monitors & the active mini dp adapter in a couple of days. So will be good to have all set up. I'll probs have pics once it's done. Been a while since I've got any pics of my set up :)!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Can you get two 7870's? on a 650w psu? if so I'd probably opt for that instead of selling the 7870 for a higher card/psu.

if you do go for a single better card, make sure you can run three screens on it! I found recently that a single 580 can only output to two screens. So worth checking that a card can run three screens.

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
You can, but it requires a special cable which to be honest if it doesn't have a direct cable for an extra card I wouldn't feel like it could handle it. Plus as I would be going for a hx series powersupply there would be less cables etc I'd imagine. If I was to go for a better card it would probably a 7970. But I'll be seeing how this 7870 gets on with the 3 monitors. I'm sure it'll be an experience!

Cheers

Jonny