Facing a dilemma

mrducking

Bright Spark
the question is probably for the old hands around

they are offering again the r9 m290x with the vortex IV 17"
i wanted to get a laptop with a gpu power similar to the gtx 870m/r9 m290x but because i arrived when they stopped selling both of them i was planning to wait for the gtx 960m
the 17" is not that a big change for me because the aspire 5920g im using is freaking huge for a 15.6", though i would prefer a 15.6" one (the skyfire is not an option: no spanish keyboard and freaking huge for a 15.6)
so what do you think? to wait or not to wait? the gtx 960m will most likely be similar in performance to the gtx 870m/r9 m290x so in performance there is not much a change
as an important side note: i dont have the budget for a 970m so please dont even bother :) i already cried enough

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I notice some threads related to issues with drivers with AMD mobile GPUs, might not be the case anymore but I would suggest wait and get the GTX 960m

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I notice some threads related to issues with drivers with AMD mobile GPUs, might not be the case anymore but I would suggest wait and get the GTX 960m

There is also the massively added benefit of the new DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) where you can effectively scale up to a 4k resolution on lower res screen, it really improves graphics. For that alone, i'd say wait for the 960m

mrducking

Bright Spark
when do you think it is coming out? january or february?
it's supposedly coming in 1Q 2015, im guessing(hoping) january