fan control question.

morowe

Bronze Level Poster
I am aware this may be more of a question of opinion, but:

I am looking at using the NZXT Phantom case which suits my needs and provides plenty of fan configurations.
However after looking at it already has a fan controller in it. The problem is I quite like the look of the NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Control as it seems to offer more flexible and precise control and also real-time temperature output.

What do you guys think? would it look stupid to have both? should i jsut go with the default one and save some money?

thanks

tom_gr7

Life Serving
personally i'd go for the standard fan controller for now, you may find that you are completely happy with it. if you are not, you can buy and fit which ever fan controller you choose, also you can then choose the fans that best suit your case, and needs. As there a hundreds of different fans, with different speeds, performances, noise levels. You may want white fans to match ya case, as opposed to black fans that come with the controller from pcs.

PLus is mega fun and manly installing extra pc components and fans :).

Tom

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
as far as i know, the phantom fan controller is pretty phantom itself, i cant see it in any of the pics by PCS so i think its camouflaged in somewhere