Fan control

Vaio

Enthusiast
So I have purchased the corsair 275r airflow tempered glass gaming case, my question is would I be able to control the stock fans via the motherboard? ASUS TUF x570?

The reason I ask is, I want my PC to be fairly quiet, even when playing games, so I'm trying to minimise any type of sound.

I know the Corsair LL120s can be controlled, if not by the MB but by the Corsair software you can get, would 5 of these with the ability to adjust be more beneficial?

Thanks

Vaio

Enthusiast
I went with the Corsair 3x LL120 fans instead of stock fans. 1) to minimise sound 2) control the fan speeds as I'm pretty sure the stock fans cannot be controlled, and of course adding a little RGB to the case.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I went with the Corsair 3x LL120 fans instead of stock fans. 1) to minimise sound 2) control the fan speeds as I'm pretty sure the stock fans cannot be controlled, and of course adding a little RGB to the case.
Sorry, only just getting to this, from the pictures on the corsair website, it states it comes with 2 intake 120mm fans and 1 rear, from this photo you can see that the fan has 3 Pins which means it's NOT a PWM ie can't be controlled by motherboard, so you made the right call:

275r_airflow_hero.jpg

Vaio

Enthusiast
Sorry, only just getting to this, from the pictures on the corsair website, it states it comes with 2 intake 120mm fans and 1 rear, from this photo you can see that the fan has 3 Pins which means it's NOT a PWM ie can't be controlled by motherboard, so you made the right call:

View attachment 16225

Yeah mate, I originally, opted for 5, then I was thinking even if I had 5 PWM fans, it would definitely be louder, defeating the purpose of adding controllable fans. So, I went back down to 3 and I rang PCS to write a note on my order, not to include stock fans (which would mess with my OCD I think) on the case, as I can always add them at a later date if need be.