Fan filters? i need some help.

D1craig

Enthusiast
can anyone give me some advice for some fan filters? i have been browsing amazon and i cant pick from any of them lol

my fans are all 120mm and i also need a big 1 - 220mm (thats the most important one because i believe its sucking in all the dust).

i would rather not mess about with tights just too much hassle.

/D1craig

steaky360

You can get fan filters from loads of places, as you want mostly 120mm fan filters then that should be easiest as they'll be all over the place! I've got one akasa fan filter on my case (it came with its own filters everywhere else) so I'd say they were ok (i've had no issues with it so far).
http://www.dabs.com/search?q=fan%20filters

As for the 220 I cant find a 220mm fan filter. I have seen recommendations for tights (as you mentioned) and AC foam both of which would immediately sort the problem. I'd imagine the AC foam should be the easiest as you could just sandwich that between the fan and the case (using longer screws if neccessary).

Closest I could find was this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5451/fan-279/250mm_Silent_Case_Fan.html obviously its too big and actually includes a fan but it might give you an idea as to how you can move forward.

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
do you have the T900 Case? if so you may want to change the side fan too 2x 120mm. i changed it on mine and it dropped the temp down a few oC

IMG_1115.jpgIMG_2781.jpg

D1craig

Enthusiast
yea i have that case. i will have too look at some fans then, what exactly would i have to do to install 2 new fans? is there any wiring except what i have already done with the big fan?

as good as it sounds when you read it, tbh its not that great as a fan. and the lack of being able to find a filter for it isnt good.

EDIT - ok so now im looking for 2 fans, would i be best replacing the 2 120mm fans already in the system or just the big fan on side? and you lot being good with this stuff could you possibly point me towards some decent cooling, low noise fans?

the missus moans that my system makes alot of noise lol (it doesnt but it inst quiet).

the reviews on amazon are so random i cant choose by reading them lol

Last edited:

Teaz

Godlike
personally, I would recommend replacing stock fans for better quality ones.

Noctua. brilliant low noise fans with superb cooling. The nf-p12 pwm is a nice all rounder fan from them. They have others which you can see here

Stappa

Enthusiast
imo I wouldn't bother with filters as they block up sooooo quickly,u are forever removing/cleaning them(I certainly was) which takes ages,I find it more time efficient to dedust the whole PC every once in a while?also even with filters fitted the damn dust still gets in???

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
I have cool marster sickleflow fan on the side of mine .. I have a fan controller what controlls all my fan so they not alway maxed out.. They are really easy to fit too 5min or so . If you require more pic let us know and ill post some

Last edited:

D1craig

Enthusiast
Ok thanx for the help guys. I have just read the stuff for my case on this site and it says I can replace the 220mm fan with 4 yes that's right 4 120mm fans. Any ideas how I can do this? Yes there is space but from memory I can only see screw holes for 2 120mm fans ( 4 holes for each fan ).

As you can tell I am one of those people that never gets around to doing these things lol. Going to get a new gpu soon so the extra fans would be awesome.