Fan Help!

MrJaek

Hey guys, with my new build im going to need more fans and im looking at the Akasa Viper, having 2 of these on my Cooloit Eco and a bunch in my case would be awesome, but they are PWM, so can i still use these for chassis fans by plugging them into my psu with a splitter and still get PWM function? As the Asus P8P67 Deluxe only has 1 pwm header :(

If not, any suggestions on high performance and quiet fans?

thanks
x

Teaz

Godlike
Not sure what the fans are like for the Eco but it should be okay for the case. you wont get pwm function if you plugged it into the psu directly but that doesnt cost its performence so that shouldnt be a problem. you just wont be able to control its speed manually unless you plugged it directly into the pwm cpu header or into a fan controller. you can use it for the case without problems, just no pwm or control over the fans. depending on how many you are putting, you may just need a fan splitter with some extensions.

noctua fans provide high performence and are quiet or the cooler master turbine master

MrJaek

Will the fans just run at 100%? because thats nearlly 30dbs! can you plug the 4pin into a 3pin socket on the Mobo? apparently that mobo sortof controls voltage to the fans by itslef?

Teaz

Godlike
Apparently so. i dont think the 4pin will connect into a 3pin header on the mobo so you will need to get one of the adaptors to connect it up. the 3pin headers on the mobo should provide some control but not auto thermal control like the 4pin header. but you should be able to adjust it with the asus q-fan control you get with the asus board.

MrJaek

So i can use them not at 100%? That will be awesome, i chose the fractal r3 for a reason, and i dont want super loud fans!! just need to figure out what im plugging where!