Fan not spinning?

Datguy5

So i just recently noticed that one of my fans isn't spinning(all the other ones seem to work properly). What could cause this and what would you suggest? I have the MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE and Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

steaky360

I'm assuming its one of the case fans as opposed to the CPU fan? - Check to make sure the fan is plugged in somewhere first :) You should be able to trace the wire to either the PSU (via a Molex connector most likely) or to the motherboard.

If it isn't plugged in, then you should look for the casefan (assuming its a casefan) headers on your motherboard and plug it in there.

Datguy5

I got the network card today so i can also check the fan. But i have some questions about the card. I'm assuming it goes in the back and replaces the current one?

Rakk

The Awesome
But i have some questions about the card. I'm assuming it goes in the back and replaces the current one?
It will go in one of the spare PCI-E/PCI slots on the motherboard - you previously had no wireless card, so nothing will be being removed/replaced.

Datguy5

There are 2 pci-e slots there, does it matter which one i put it in? Because currently it's not working.

Last edited:

Datguy5

I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KbjTQfLlWs but in that video there's only one slot it seems.

EDIT: I tried troubleshoot and it said that the device doesn't have drivers and when it tries to install it automatically it always says it failed to install them. What does this mean?

Last edited:

Datguy5

Actually i didn't. But i will double check. I ordered the cheapest network card (8 euros).

EDIT: nope no disk

steaky360

OK, well you can check their website (there should be a link to drivers on there somewhere). Unusual that they haven't supplied something ...

steaky360

Any idea where? It seems to be pcspesialist card.

Did it come in a box? Or do you know what brand it is?

If you bought it from PCS you should be able to find its details on your log in page - you might also find the drivers in your downloads section in that page