Fan Not working on/off

robevz

Bronze Level Poster
Yep, that's fine, any 120mm fan will do
nice one buddy & thanks to everyone on this thread who helped as i wouldnt have a scooby otherwise which one to get
my memory aint great but ill try to update once ive got the fan to let you know if it works or if its the machine itself

thanks again

robevz

Bronze Level Poster
Yep, that's fine, any 120mm fan will do
arrived tonight mate only issue i had was the broken fan was a clear seethrough one with green LED light on it..this new one is black fan no light so cant even see if its spinning or not
i have been reading up on youtube to see what the best way to know if you have fitted a fan correctly...sadly theres no arrows on the side to say which way around or anything but someone did say you can tell my the curves on the fan ,the rounded edges like the outside of a bowl are facing inwards on my pc & the otherside of the blades which have curves going in like the inside of a bowl are facing out towards the wall
there is air coming out the back of the pc but still unsure if thats the correct way ive just basically fixed it in the way i took the old one out

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The ’back’ of the fan is normally where the air exits…and usually has the label with all the little text on it.

If it has a logo on the other side that’s the front and is the intake side.

so if you’re using it as an exhaust fan, you want the logo pointing inside the case, and the text label pointing out of the case.

robevz

Bronze Level Poster
The ’back’ of the fan is normally where the air exits…and usually has the label with all the little text on it.

If it has a logo on the other side that’s the front and is the intake side.

so if you’re using it as an exhaust fan, you want the logo pointing inside the case, and the text label pointing out of the case.
what do you mean by exhaust fan? im a simpleton when it comes to these things im not very techy at all ..to explain it better im pretty sure i have 3 fans on this tower...one at the very front......one directly in the middle attached to pipes which i think another moderator said thats the cooling system...then the 3rd one is right at the back basically attached to the back of the tower

i suppose from my experience of recent weeks the easiest way to know is when my old fan stopped working,the roof of the tower where theres holes like a grate used to be warm,now its borderline ice cold with the pc running all day

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Any fan at the back of the case is typically an exhaust fan. As in, it's used to exhaust air out of the case to allow fresh air in easier with the intake fan(s) (typically at the front). It's possible that your cooler is also exhausting from the top, it will be controlled though so having an intake and 2 exhausts with one being the cooler will be OK (Just not ideal).

If you presume it's an exhaust you'll be fine. It won't cause any issues either way so just go with the most likely scenario.

robevz

Bronze Level Poster
Any fan at the back of the case is typically an exhaust fan. As in, it's used to exhaust air out of the case to allow fresh air in easier with the intake fan(s) (typically at the front). It's possible that your cooler is also exhausting from the top, it will be controlled though so having an intake and 2 exhausts with one being the cooler will be OK (Just not ideal).

If you presume it's an exhaust you'll be fine. It won't cause any issues either way so just go with the most likely scenario.
ok thanks mate the top of the pc is almost ice cold so im presuming its fitted correctly as the pc is on literally all day from sat 12pm until 4am the next morning & not heated up at allso fingers crossed it stays that way

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me get to this point appreciate it