Fan Software, primarily for PWM fans

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I'm looking for some fan control software then I don't have to go in to the BIOS all the time, and I would rather see the fans moving as I change the fan curve.

Is there any software out there that is worth downloading?

Image of layout of in-take and out-take of fans.
Think I need to sort the front and rear fans because they're not performing great.

Would have been better if I had bought Corsair fans then I would be able to control via the control box but that might be something for the future.
IMG-2647.jpg

Last edited:

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I ran the Fan Tuning.

These aren't working
  • Chassis Fan 1, Front fan - this one has N/A on it
  • Chassis Fan 2 - this one has N/A on it
  • CPU Fan - this one has an exclamation point on it
These are working
  • M.2 Fan
  • AIO Pump
  • Water Pump

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The simple way is with Armoury Crate. You set the presets in the BIOS (silent, standard and turbo, along with "full speed") and you can then switch between them in Armoury Crate:

1633805324725.png

This will be able to control all the fans that are connected to your motherboard fan headers.

Your cooler, however, comes with the Corsair Commander, so I believe you should be able to plug the fans you have into the Corsair Commander and run them that way.

I ran the Fan Tuning.

These aren't working
  • Chassis Fan 1, Front fan - this one has N/A on it
  • Chassis Fan 2 - this one has N/A on it
  • CPU Fan - this one has an exclamation point on it
These are working
  • M.2 Fan
  • AIO Pump
  • Water Pump
Could you check the speed your fans are actually running at? You should again be able to do this in Armoury Crate (or alternatively in HWMonitor):

1633805624625.png

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok, so that's very weird indeed. How are the fans you've added plugged in? Can you confirm that they are in fact turning? Because they should never be reporting 0 RPM.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They're plugged into the pwm repeater
That means the 3 front fans will just show as one in what ever software you use

So if you look in the back of the case you've got the 3 front fans going to the repeater and their lighting leads going to the lighting node. youve then got a lead with a PWM label that comes off of the repeater and goes on to the fan header at the top center of the motherboard, you've then got the cooler fans and their lighting leads attached to the commander core, on connections 1 & 2.

Check that one of the front fans is connected to the repeater on the primary fan connector which should have a designation mark of some sort on it or be labeled 1 (from what i've read on the web)

Last edited:

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They're plugged into the pwm repeater
The Corsair one? That would explain why they're not working in Armoury Crate and AI Suite. They should show up in iCue.

Or a different one? If so, where does it plug in to the motherboard?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
If it helps at all. The rear fan is plugged in Fan3 and the front three fans are plugged into Fan6, Fan1 and Fan2.

The fans I added are Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 fans

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If it helps at all. The rear fan is plugged in Fan3 and the front three fans are plugged into Fan6, Fan1 and Fan2.

The fans I added are Be Quiet Pure Wings 2 fans
What PWM repeater is it? Is it the Corsair Commander or a different one?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
The Corsair one? That would explain why they're not working in Armoury Crate and AI Suite. They should show up in iCue.

Or a different one? If so, where does it plug in to the motherboard?
Not sure which case this is but PWM repeater fitted to 5000D etc won’t show up in iCUE, as Martin says it will show up as one fan in BIOS or other programs as it’s off one fan header, if you want total control of fan speeds will need a Commander Pro

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Not sure which case this is but PWM repeater fitted to 5000D etc won’t show up in iCUE, as Martin says it will show up as one fan in BIOS or other programs as it’s off one fan header, if you want total control of fan speeds will need a Commander Pro
Looking at his sig its a 5000D