Fan type needs identifying, seem to be non existent.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
Way back in Dec 2020 I ordered a PC for my daughter, this had the CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X RGB GAMING CASE that comes with some sort of SP 120 RGB fan.

I've now hooked up a lighting node pro and disconnected the 3 front fans from it and connected them to the 6 port RGB Hub instead so we can control the fans RGB through iCUE, along with LED strips etc, this all works just fine. The Fans in iCUE seem to be 1 led RGB fans (SP RGB Series fan), now because the RGB Hub is a simple device (unlike the Commander) you cannot mix and match fan types on it, so they all need to be the same.

She wanted a matching Corsair rear exhaust fan, and as we had plenty of spare ports on the RGB Hub it seemed like a fairly simple thing to do...

I did buy a SP RGB Pro fan, but this refuses to work and furthermore breaks all the fans if you select 8 LED series fans (it has 8 LED's) the best it does is whitish with a slight colour tinge on presumably where the first LED corresponds on the fan.

Its looking like whatever the fans are that came with the case are not available anymore, which is annoying as it's less than 2 years old, I've had a look on Amazon/Ebay etc but can't see anything.

Any ideas?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Way back in Dec 2020 I ordered a PC for my daughter, this had the CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X RGB GAMING CASE that comes with some sort of SP 120 RGB fan.

I've now hooked up a lighting node pro and disconnected the 3 front fans from it and connected them to the 6 port RGB Hub instead so we can control the fans RGB through iCUE, along with LED strips etc, this all works just fine. The Fans in iCUE seem to be 1 led RGB fans (SP RGB Series fan), now because the RGB Hub is a simple device (unlike the Commander) you cannot mix and match fan types on it, so they all need to be the same.

She wanted a matching Corsair rear exhaust fan, and as we had plenty of spare ports on the RGB Hub it seemed like a fairly simple thing to do...

I did buy a SP RGB Pro fan, but this refuses to work and furthermore breaks all the fans if you select 8 LED series fans (it has 8 LED's) the best it does is whitish with a slight colour tinge on presumably where the first LED corresponds on the fan.

Its looking like whatever the fans are that came with the case are not available anymore, which is annoying as it's less than 2 years old, I've had a look on Amazon/Ebay etc but can't see anything.

Any ideas?
I don't believe any corsair fans are just single LED, I think the entry level SP120 is 4 LED? Are you sure they're single LED?

In the manual for the case it does state that it uses 3 x SP120 RGB's. There have been various models of the SP120 so you need to be sure it's a compatible type (think there are 3 models, the basic, the pro and the ultra. The Pro and the Ultra both have a more complex RGB setup and won't be supported)

1647797463292.png

If there's any kind of uncertainty, I'd raise it with corsair.

But I'm pretty certain this is the model of fan on that case:

Last edited:

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
I thought they'd be at least 4 LED but the RGB Hub seems to treat them as 1 LED in the pictogram (and they work) whereas if you pick any other type from the list they don't) the name too checks out.

SP120 RGB LED High Performance 120mm Fan​

Shame they don't seem to exist anywhere though. I don't really want to swap out all the fans with LL's are something so they are all the same.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I thought they'd be at least 4 LED but the RGB Hub seems to treat them as 1 LED in the pictogram (and they work) whereas if you pick any other type from the list they don't) the name too checks out.

SP120 RGB LED High Performance 120mm Fan​

Shame they don't seem to exist anywhere though. I don't really want to swap out all the fans with LL's are something so they are all the same.
My god, you're absolutely right, does appear they've been marked end of life on most sites.

That's insane!

I would contact PCS as they often have stocks of fans.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I wouldn't think Corsair will drop that model entirely, I'm certain they'll release an updated replacement that's compatible, those cases were their flagships, incredibly popular and they're built to last and be easily added to RGB wise.

I'm certain they'll release a compatible replacement, although I'm surprised there isn't one clearly identifiable on their website already since they've obviously marked the current range as end of life.

Very unusual.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
Yes, I guess in the never ending quest for MOAR RGB those fans were not worthy :)

I've contacted PCS in any case.

If it had been like my Commander that came with the Capellix it would have been a non issue as those can cope with mix n match fans, but the RGB Hub is the bargain basement end and it doesn't do that.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, I guess in the never ending quest for MOAR RGB those fans were not worthy :)

I've contacted PCS in any case.

If it had been like my Commander that came with the Capellix it would have been a non issue as those can cope with mix n match fans, but the RGB Hub is the bargain basement end and it doesn't do that.
Yeah, the commander is a seriously powerful piece of kit. I had one in my rig for about 3 years before realising the full potential of it.

techguyone

Silver Level Poster
I'm not sure if there's a problem with PCs or if it's me, my account messaging says this:

We are currently upgrading technical support from within your account, all current messages will be available until 31/03/22.

So I don't know if my message even got through.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not sure if there's a problem with PCs or if it's me, my account messaging says this:

We are currently upgrading technical support from within your account, all current messages will be available until 31/03/22.

So I don't know if my message even got through.
Ah, I did see someone mentioned something about this recently and totally forgot about it, I think they're upgrading the platform.

It may be worth giving them a call if you're able to.