Fan very loud - new 14" purchase

Hello,

My order just arrived - 14 inch Fusion pro casing with 512 SSD, Ryzen 7, 16gb RAM.

Since turning it on, going through the usual set up procedures and whatnot, the fan has been on non-stop on what appears to be full speed and is extremely loud. Is this a(n unwanted) feature of the laptop or is there something I should be doing to adjust this? The fan is at such a high-pitch that it is actually intolerable, especially when it is literally just sitting on the desktop screen doing nothing!

Thanks for any advice that you might have!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can I confirm you ordered without windows?

Cuddle you do a clean install on receiving it or license the test install?

Hi guys! I bought without windows and licensed the test version rather than fully reinstalling. Haven’t tried cuddling it though? 😁

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi guys! I bought without windows and licensed the test version rather than fully reinstalling. Haven’t tried cuddling it though? [emoji16]
That was unwise. You have no idea whether the test system is complete nor fully configured. It's only there for soak testing.

We've had numerous posts from people over the years who have run into niggly issues through activating the test system.

We ALWAYS advise those buying with no OS to install their own copy. :)

Hi, thanks for the reply. I actually followed the manual that came with the laptop which states that you can use the operating system installed rather than reinstalling! But I’ll reinstall windows now and hopefully that’ll resolve things

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi, thanks for the reply. I actually followed the manual that came with the laptop which states that you can use the operating system installed rather than reinstalling! But I’ll reinstall windows now and hopefully that’ll resolve things
Technically you can use the test version but....there may be missing drivers or some settings may be configured in a way which is conducive to testing but not daily work...you may find that there are settings that keep the fans at maximum for testing but may not know exactly what has been changed to do the testing
If you buy a copy of Windows with your build then you're also paying PCS to ensure that it's installed and configured properly with all necessary drivers and control software installed.

When you buy with no-OS then that's exactly what you should expect to receive and anything that happens to be on the drive should be considered junk - because you've no idea how nor why it was installed.

I know the manual says you can activate it, we mods have been working with PCS for some time to get that removed. It's just not wise to use an OS about which you know nothing and which you therefore cannot trust. The numerous people on here who have run into trouble after activating the test system is a testament to the truth of that. :)

Thanks for the responses and advice. Reinstalled windows and everything working like a charm now! I had done a good bit of research but never had installed OS before so I was hoping the test version would save me having to do it, but it’s very simple having done it once now! Cheers again for helping me resolve the issue, much appreciated 👍🏻