fast track and saturday delivery

mmogamer

ive ordered a PC along with saturday delivery because its the only day i can guarantee being home. now im sat waiting on it being delivered.

its been 8 working days, and the PC is in the pre production stage. my current laptop that i play on is really starting to cause me problems, and when i play swtor it badly overheats and is crashing more and more often.

the question i have is this: what is the latest i could add fast track and still guarantee the PC on a saturday without having another week added on?
im thinking its probably a week friday before the saturday of delivery. ie if i added it this friday 9/3/12 the delivery would go ahead for the following saturday 17/3/12.
is this right?

im asking because if i can avoid paying the extra (ie the PC moves onto the build stage by friday) i will do so, but i am willing to pay if this isnt the case just so i can have a reliable computer to game on asap.

cheers for reading this.

Rakk

The Awesome
I'd probably say the Friday if you go for 5-day fast track, or the Tuesday if you go for 3-day (obviously more expensive). Though by Friday you'll be on your 10th/11th working day anyway, so it may not speed it up that much.

mmogamer

cheers for the answer rakk. though my worry is, if it goes into building later than this week, it probably wont be ready for next weekend meaning due to having saturday delivery, ill lose another week at least.

lolliver

Hey mmogamer, I'm in the exact same boat as you!

I've ordered Saturday delivery, and my PC has now been sat in "In Building" for the past 5 days, so I'm not sure that it's even worth fast-tracking it anymore =/

tom_gr7

Life Serving
personally, I'd rather wait a few more days than pay to have it a week or so faster. Especially as you are on ya ninth working day.

You have waited more than half of the time anyway, so ya may as well keep waiting.

mmogamer

if my laptop hadent suddenly started spazzing out on me, id have no issues with waiting an extra few weeks, but when i cant play for more than half an hour without it crashing, and when it crashes at the worst times possible, its really sifficult to know im gonna have to wait longer. and lets face it, ive spent £1400, another £40 isnt worth crying over.

if i dont fast track, and things dont work out optimally it could end up being another 3 weeks or more before i get this comp. i think £40 is worth it for peace of mind.