Faulty mouse

Mark1999

Hello all,

I would like some feedback as over the past two days I've been having problems with my mouse that have been getting progressively worse. My mouse starts jumping around the screen as I move it no matter what I'm doing. Today it also started clicking and opening windows without me clicking. I'm not sure what is causing this and whether the mouse is starting to break, it is a cheap Asus mouse that I bought in a bundle with a keyboard. I've watched some videos on YouTube and checked forums to try to solve the problem but have not found a solution yet. I've also made sure that the enhance pointer precision is off and checked that the sensor and mousepad is clean and there is no debris. At this point I'm considering buying a new mid-range mouse like a Logitech, however any advice on what the problem could be is welcome, it is the first time I've experienced this problem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello all,

I would like some feedback as over the past two days I've been having problems with my mouse that have been getting progressively worse. My mouse starts jumping around the screen as I move it no matter what I'm doing. Today it also started clicking and opening windows without me clicking. I'm not sure what is causing this and whether the mouse is starting to break, it is a cheap Asus mouse that I bought in a bundle with a keyboard. I've watched some videos on YouTube and checked forums to try to solve the problem but have not found a solution yet. I've also made sure that the enhance pointer precision is off and checked that the sensor and mousepad is clean and there is no debris. At this point I'm considering buying a new mid-range mouse like a Logitech, however any advice on what the problem could be is welcome, it is the first time I've experienced this problem.
Is this a wired or wireless mouse? What model keyboard and mouse is it?

Mark1999

It is a wired ASUS TUF gaming m3 mouse, and the keyboard is ASUS TUF gaming K1, I've not had any problems with the keyboard so far, it just seems to be the mouse that is faulty and causing problems. I've had the mouse and keyboard since October of last year, I don't know typically how long mice last for.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It is a wired ASUS TUF gaming m3 mouse, and the keyboard is ASUS TUF gaming K1, I've not had any problems with the keyboard so far, it just seems to be the mouse that is faulty and causing problems. I've had the mouse and keyboard since October of last year, I don't know typically how long mice last for.
It sounds like a faulty laser to me if it’s a wired mouse.

Have you checked there’s no dirt in the sensor?

Mark1999

Ah okay, yes I've checked the sensor and I cannot see any visible dirt there and it only started to happen two days ago. I'm thinking of buying a wired Logitech mouse next for around £50 or so if I'm unable to fix the problem. As it's making it very difficult for daily use.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah okay, yes I've checked the sensor and I cannot see any visible dirt there and it only started to happen two days ago. I'm thinking of buying a wired Logitech mouse next for around £50 or so if I'm unable to fix the problem. As it's making it very difficult for daily use.
I’ve got a very old wired mouse that does the same but only intermittently, and only about once every few months.