Favourite ever game / series of games?

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Resident Evil, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid (minus #4 as I don't have a PS3). Dead Space is a new favourite.

Petchi b

Favourite series of games would have to be all the Mario & Zelda titles being a Nintendo buff!

Favourite PC series - Civilization, the best strategy and most addictive games ever released.

Favourite recent series - Assassins Creed, Brotherhood is an incredible game!

Overall favourite ever game is very hard - heres my top 10.

1. Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube & Wii)
2. Mario Kart (SNES)
3. Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64)
4. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES & SNES)
5. Mario 64 (N64)
6. Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PC)
7. Oblivion (PC)
8. GTA IV (Xbox 360)
9. Half-Life (PC)
10. Bioshock (Xbox 360 & PC)

Last edited:

Dayve

Favourite ever game, such a difficult question. There are all the games I grew up playing when I got my PS1 at something like 9 years old. Resident evil 1, 2 and 3 (but none after 3, except the remake of 1 on the gamecube) Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9, Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter, Silent Hill, Abe's Oddysee. All of them classics and all of them brilliant.

When I got my first PC at 12 or 13 my first games were Aliens Vs. Predator 2 and Age of Empires 1, they were great, so was AoE 2 and tons of other PC games, way too many for me to remember. Morrowind, Oblivion, Medieval Total War, Rome Total War, Fallout 3, BF2.

Out of all of those, up until 2005, my favourite game of all was Final Fantasy 7. The music, the stories, the characters, the magic, the big world to expore, the monsters/bosses, all combined to make the ultimate game for me.

World of Warcraft took the top spot when I discovered it in 2005 and even though I haven't played it for almost 3 years and will never play it again after Blizzard ruined it (just my opinion), it still remains my favourit game of all time. It was the enormous open unrestricted world that drew me in. There wasn't even a main storyline to the game, just a gigantic open world with thousands and thousands of smaller storylines and places for you to explore and people to meet along the way. Despite the almost constant fighting between people in the group of friends I played the game with, which became extremely frustrating and tiresome, I still played for 12 hours a day. (shame)

WoW won't be #1 for much longer though. Star Wars: The Old Republic is coming.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
It is kind of bandwagony, but HL is one of the greatest series of games ever...and it spawned soooooooooooooooo many awesome mods (CS my favourite).

In terms of a single game, its always hard to choose, but Dungeon Keeper/2 always come close to the top of my list (and as a series too ofc), as well as Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

Fingers crossed, but in 7 days time when I am playing Space Marine...I might have a new near top of my list game :D

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I havent. With not long to go, I just couldnt be bothered to faff with it :)

<---Blissful ignorance of such voice troubles :D

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Fav game series call of duty / oddworld and warcraft
fav gameBlack Ops(haters gonna hate) / Wrath Of The Lich King
also gotta love little bigplanet and metal gear solid

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Final Fantasy 1-8, kinda went off the boil after that for me.
Secret of Mana/Evermore
Might and Magic
Half Life series (Including TF1 and 2)
Warcraft (not the MMO one)

Petchi b

It is kind of bandwagony, but HL is one of the greatest series of games ever...and it spawned soooooooooooooooo many awesome mods (CS my favourite).

In terms of a single game, its always hard to choose, but Dungeon Keeper/2 always come close to the top of my list (and as a series too ofc), as well as Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

Fingers crossed, but in 7 days time when I am playing Space Marine...I might have a new near top of my list game :D

Yeah Dungeon Keeper..I loved both 1 & 2 so addictive and original. Wish they would revitalise that series and bring a new one out...would be amazing!