Feeback request on a 2K gaming desktop build

Bystander

My venerable Vortex III is now on its last legs, and the newer screen choices don't seem to be coming through yet. So it's time for an upgrade, and as I have a dedicated gaming space these days, I'm looking to go back to a desktop for the first time in over a decade. While I've done a bit of research, I'd appreciate some feedback on my proposed build to make sure I haven't made any huge oversights. Stuff like cases, power supplies and motherboards are a bit of a newer area for me.

Looking to pick up a reasonable gaming rig for 2k gaming, running stuff like World of Tanks, Civ VI, Borderlands 3, Stellaris and so forth, as well as some of the upcoming stuff like Cyberpunk 2077 and Mechwarrior 5. Budget is around the £1400mark, give or take.

I have an Asus Predator XB271HU monitor, as well as a full set of wireless gaming peripherals (KB, Mouse, Headset, Controller). I tend to use a lot of USB ports, too.

Case
FRACTAL MESHIFY S2 BLACKOUT TEMPERED GLASS (Special Offer)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X470-PLUS GAMING (DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
NOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11 AC1750 1,300Mbps/5GHz, 450Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Case : This is a bit of a new area for me, this looks like a good case with solid, quiet fans.
CPU : Not seeing any need to push the spec here?
Motherboard : Again, no objection to upgrading, but not seeing any compelling reason
SSD : I've had good experiences with the EVOs, and I have an older 1TB EVO SSD to throw in for additional storage.
Power Supply : More than I need, but I like the idea of a decent, quiet PSU.
Wireless : Possibly going to use some wireless HDMI to throw the signal to the TV for occasional couch gaming, so combined with my wireless gear I pushed the spec up a bit here.

Any feedback or suggestions on the spec would be most welcome.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Overall the spec looks very solid.

What dies the above cost?

There's an argument for a larger PSU to maximise future upgrade options. There's also a separate argument for the RMx series PSU, as it's even better quality and is also semi-passive, such that it can often cool itself without needing to use the fan.

Will you be using wireless or wired for just general internet use?

Bystander

Thanks for the reply Oussebon, it's £1476 total cost, as I'd just upgraded the quote this morning to include the 850RMx PSU (I was doing a bit more reading and the same arguments you just mentioned were coming up in other places, so it sounded worth the extra £40 or so).

Wireless for general internet, got a nice fibre connection, and I'm a bit of a cord cutter in general. My only real swither was the motherboard, I didn't know if the higher level boards had any really compelling features that I might regret not having in a year or two.

I feel like this should give me 2-3 years of 2k res gaming while I wait for the refresh rates on the 4k kit to improve. I think I'll get a better experience with 2k/144hz over 4k/60hz, especially with G-sync.

Thanks for your thoughts, I reckon I'm just about settled on this as a final order spec.