Fifa 12

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Any one else bought this on the pc? Its fantastic btw. I got my copy yesterday. Am loving the sharper graphics of the pc vs xbox 360 which i am used to playing this one; and the new game mechanics are brilliant. It all seems to work great with no bugs I have seen so far; and really is very very good. Well done EA... :)
Its not far removed from the same game in fifa 11 on consoles but has enough included to justify the buy, and what is included and changed is great. So far online performance seems great, and despite a few of the later signings not being included or changed (Fabregas still at Arsenal errr....) the core game is brilliant. Loving it so far; it helps to play this after watching the unfortunate derby lol. :(

Edit: Fabregas was still included at Arsenal in the demo.....havent played as them in the full version yet. Obviously!

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Any one else bought this on the pc? Its fantastic btw. I got my copy yesterday. Am loving the sharper graphics of the pc vs xbox 360 which i am used to playing this one; and the new game mechanics are brilliant. It all seems to work great with no bugs I have seen so far; and really is very very good. Well done EA... :)
Its not far removed from the same game in fifa 11 on consoles but has enough included to justify the buy, and what is included and changed is great. So far online performance seems great, and despite a few of the later signings not being included or changed (Fabregas still at Arsenal errr....) the core game is brilliant. Loving it so far; it helps to play this after watching the unfortunate derby lol. :(

Edit: Fabregas was still included at Arsenal in the demo.....havent played as them in the full version yet. Obviously!
Even if he is on the full game he would change by getting a pack with him in

I bought it (first FIFA since World Cup '98!) and I can't get it to run. I have read a lot of threads about issues with graphics, sound etc. resulting in freezing and crashing and problems installing but it turns out my PC has just about packed up for gaming. Thankfully a new one has just been ordered.

I look forward to playing actually matches in FIFA 12 for more than 14 seconds without a catastrophic error.

As an Arsenal fan I will of course be playing it loads and pretending that everything I accomplish in-game is being effortlessly mirrored by the real-life team.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Sorry to hear that mate, but im sure your new pc will play it flawlessly. I have no problems with mine. They added an interesting option on the demo for ati gpu users like me to get rid of potential microstuttering. Well I turned this on and it played like crap. Turned it off, and the game is perfect, runs at a great fps, and no stutters to see. It hasnt crashed once so far, the only thing it has done on occaision as weird as it sounds is change a players hair colour mid match; strange.....

The only complaint i have about it that unlike fifa 11 on the consoles, when you move a player out of position the stats arent reflecting it; so in theory i could play (in Evertons case) a Tony Hibbert up front and he would still play er.....well like a Tony Hibbert; unless it is just the stat change that is missing and it does take this into account. Whereas in Fifa 11 if you did that their stats would be downgraded dramatically to ensure you realised certain players need to play in certain positions and some favour different roles to the norm/can only handle being played in one position etc. A minor gripe, and it seems to take this into account even if it doesnt tell you about it on the stats.

Like you I dream of the last sentence being true; and unfortunately it is in my case. Im doing distinctly average on my career mode....which is familiar to me.

I play on World Class difficulty; and it is a lot harder than the last one. A good thing.....but one mistake is punished sometimes ruthlessly. Online seems to be the same standard as the last one and am actually doing pretty well, got up to division 7 i think from 10 and about to be promoted. Its a great game...hope you get it to work.

Matt

Bright Spark
Yes, loving fifa this year. Glad to finally have the proper NG version on the pc.

"I play on World Class difficulty; and it is a lot harder than the last one."

That sounds good, Pro Evo was extremely challenging but I've missed the atmosphere of the FIFA games. PES can feel very neutered in some respects and I found with the last couple of games that the "purity" cliche was wearing thin.

I miss the indoor stadium from WC98, that rocked.