FIFA 13 Has Stopped Working

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I've got this really annoying problem, funnily enough with Origin. I bought FIFA 13 last week in the Origin sale for about seven quid. I installed it last night but when I tried to run it I got a 'FIFA 13 stopped working' message through Windows about two seconds after the FIFA logo came up. I tried repairing the install with no joy, then I uninstalled the game and redownloaded and installed it again, same problem. Just wondering if anyone else has had/heard of this problem or whether I should just write off my £7.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
No, being playing quite a lot including this morning without any issues. Similar with nazi sniper zombie elite, I guess we are never meant to play online together :)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I gave up with Nazi Sniper, that really bugged me. At least I could load that, it would just crash as soon as I went past the main menu. FIFA won't even start at all :(

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Having done a bit of looking around there are a hell of a lot of people with this problem, some of them dating back to the release of the game. At least I didn't pay full price for a useless picture of Messi in my Origin game list.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Follow these guidelines to fix this problem.
- Rollback Previous Drivers
- Optimize Services
- Update Windows
- Change User/ Computer Name
- Update Game Files
I am also sharing a presentation tutorial where you will find whole detail of given steps to get rid from this lag problem.you only need to follow the steps mention in the tutorial

www.slideshare.net/JessicaNokk/easy-steps-to-fix-fifa-13-crash

Best of luck

Thanks for the response. Here's a quick rundown:

• I'm using 320.49 drivers which have posed no problem with any other game, I'm not going to mess with them for the sake of a £7 game and risk performance in all of my other games.
  • Which services? Windows? Origin?
  • My Windows is bang up to date.
  • I've tried the change PC name workaround, it didn't work.
  • The game files are bang up to date.

I've trawled around a lot of sites including EA/Origin and tried the 'fixes' that were possible and none of them worked. If I'd bought the game brand new at retail price I'd be screaming blue murder at EA for my money back, but for £7 I'll put it down to experience and steer clear of purchasing games through Origin again.