Final Spec plus Huge thanks to everyone!! Odering tomorrow!!

AAli

Hi guys, :)

First of all huge thanks to Rakk, Wozza365, MusicGuy123, tom_gr7, mantadog, TJWHonley for all the help and advise... After careful consideration and keeping in mind everyones advise I am going with the following spec! Wanted to get fast built time for £39 but apparently they are out of Windows 7 64 bit :S lol..

Anyways please see below the final spec, please if you have any last minute advise please do tell me! The spec is to be able to play games like bf3 etc on ultra settings! Got i5 2500k for future proofing in case I want to over clock hence for a better processor cooler!

Oh yeah any advise on case is more then welcome as I am still unsure which one to get :( :stupid:

Please see the spec below,

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7950 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB SEAGATE Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s HDD, 32MB Cache (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Monitor
IIYAMA E2273HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£139)

Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® K200 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD (£10)

Speakers
LOGITECH S120 2.0 BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM (£9)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity 1

This comes up to £1274 in VAT

Rakk

The Awesome
Wanted to get fast built time for £39 but apparently they are out of Windows 7 64 bit :S lol..

If you keep checking it and find out when they do have Win7 64-bit in, then you will be able to amend the order to fast track it (the fast track time starting from the day when they receive payment for it) :)

AAli

I'll wait till monday to order.. If they dont have it by monday morning then I might just get the Windows 7 professional one as they have it in stock.. Is Windows 7 professional give same performance for games as the Home version?

Secondly if I order on a standard built time how long you reckon I am looking to wait for? In the thingy it says 10-12 working days..

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, the average wait time for desktops is about 17-18 working days currently (looking at the numbers on the orders page when looking at your account), so about 3 and a half weeks.
Win7 Professional has a few extra bits and pieces that you can do, like XP mode (I think), these will not effect your gaming.

And as I said, you can order it and when available upgrade to fast track anyway.

Corfate

Author Level
If you're unsure about the case, check out the Haf X or the Corsair 500r (It doesn't support a memory card reader though). Both great cases :)

AAli

"And as I said, you can order it and when available upgrade to fast track anyway. "

Oh didnt see this bit before thanks alot for the tip :) !!! :rockon:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Everything looks alright, for advice on the case i would just say go for whatever one grabs you. At that kind of price range you wont go far wrong, i like the coolermaster cm690 myself but no real logic behind that on my part.

Anyway enjoy it!