Bronze Level Poster
Case
InWIN BLACK DRAGON RIDER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
60GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 535MB/sR | 480MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£139)
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® K200 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD (£10)
Mouse
LOGITECH® OPTICAL USB MOUSE (£5)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE Batman Arkham City with any Nvidia® GeForce GTX560 or above!

I think this will do for now :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Looks good dude.

But if it was my rig, I'd change the 16gb ram to 8gb, ya pc will not use anywhere near 8gb. Then use the money to up to a corsair 750w modular.

Azirius

Bronze Level Poster
What is the difference between Modular or normal?

See, I got the large amount because there wasn't a massive difference in cost... I just foresee a time where I might need it :/ Lol

tom_gr7

Life Serving
What is the difference between Modular or normal?

See, I got the large amount because there wasn't a massive difference in cost... I just foresee a time where I might need it :/ Lol

With a modular psu all the cables can be removed from the unit itself, therefore improving the airflow and cable management. So only the power cables that are needed will be plugged in.

What are you uses for the rig? if its just gaming, then 16gb is way overkill. Most new games suggest 4gb, but that's mainly to ensure windows runs cleanly in the background. I have 8gb and I consider that future proof.

Azirius

Bronze Level Poster
Well, I generally never close programs just because I suffer from never-close-my-programs-itus and a severe case of lazyitus... Um, but I'm able to upgrade the PSU anyway, the extra cost isn't enough to make me need to reduce the RAM.

Do you know enough about cases to say whether this will all fit in? :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
After a quick google search I have done for you. (I'm nice like that lol) Found two sites, will be worth a read.

Link

Link

But If you look on the last page of the second link, the case is not good for large heatsinks. So i'd either drop to the tripple copper cooler, or upgrade to the coolit eco. The PSU will fit though.

Azirius

Bronze Level Poster
I'm assuming the £59 one for the Coolit Eco?

Thanks for all your help, you're awesome :D

P.S. I did see that about the heat sink bit, but, being the unlearned fool that I am, didn't really know how this would affect me >_>' Hehe.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'm assuming the £59 one for the Coolit Eco?

Thanks for all your help, you're awesome :D

P.S. I did see that about the heat sink bit, but, being the unlearned fool that I am, didn't really know how this would affect me >_>' Hehe.

no worries.

The titan would fit in the case, however, as a result of its large nature the side 200mm side fan would have to be removed.

So if you went for the titan anyway, you could still add some 120mm fans to the side,(as you can fit 6 120mm fans on the side panel0 to cool your gpu)

I'd go for the coolit eco myself, the triple copper OR buy a different cpu cooler from another seller and send it to pcs, and ask them very very nicely if they will fit it for you.

Azirius

Bronze Level Poster
I prompted for the Coolit Eco, the same one as the one in your Signature, I believe? The £59 one, not the £99 one :] I assume that one is suitable?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I prompted for the Coolit Eco, the same one as the one in your Signature, I believe? The £59 one, not the £99 one :] I assume that one is suitable?

That's cool, You will be getting the new version ECO II. The 99 quid version basically has a double radiator on it, whereas the 59quid version has one radiator. Your spec is very similar to mine. Just noticed you have opted for a hdmi cable, I'd cancel that, and stick with the dvi cable that is provided with the monitor. Will save ya a few quid. I believe dvi provides the same quality of picture as hdmi.

Some people say liquid cooling is just for overclocking, but mines not overclocked and it does me greatly. Feel free to have a look on my profile at my pics. will give you an idea what the inside will look like, kinda anyway.

Azirius

Bronze Level Poster
Looks like a fine bit of kit :]

Oh really? I assumed there was at least some difference between DVI and HDMI :\ Oh well, I'll keep it anyway, I'm sure the monitor comes with a DVI cable already, so the HDMI could be a spare, if the scenario I need it comes about :]

I'd rather have my system nice and stable than maybe risk over-heating it. Plus my room can become unbearably warm at times. Heat rises and I'm in the attic,plus everyone has the heating up XD Lol.

Thanks again for all your help :]

Azirius

Bronze Level Poster
I've been considering a new rig for a while now, and have been putting it off for a while, but I've been looking around and came to the conclusion I would receive a better rig and better service from PCS. I've heard good things about PCS!