Finally placed my order! Now the wait begins!

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
As some of you know I've been going trough a lot of different specs over the past few months. But finally today I placed my an order for the beautiful Bertha (the name of my rig) haha.

Now I just have to wait and keeping checking the status ever hour from now until it comes!!

Thanks for all the help I got on here!!!

Rob

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£139)
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£19)
Speakers
LOGITECH S120 2.0 BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM (£9)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

marwhi

Pretty identical to the rig I ordered yesterday, only difference being I went for the SSD hard drive. Can't go wrong with what you've got, will run pretty much everything without breaking a sweat.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Nice stuff robert.

bertha2.jpg

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
Nice stuff robert.

bertha2.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm so happy that I've finally been able to make the purchase! Been waiting for this for a long time!

hahaha thats my beautiful rig right there DeadEyeDuk!

Marwhi, I bet you are as excited as I am! I've been through lots of different specs and I think this one is awesome! We're both going to be happy with what we get!

Thanks for all your help in the other thread Tom. Helped me decided to get what I've got now!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
no worries dude, similar to my rig! will be beast! wanna see pics when it comes ofcourse! Plus rep for ya new pc!

marwhi

Marwhi, I bet you are as excited as I am! I've been through lots of different specs and I think this one is awesome! We're both going to be happy with what we get!
I am pretty excited but i'm not up to the excitement level of actually giving my rig a name... yet! :D

I'm sure that will change when it gets here!

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
My wife was confused about what I was talking about when I kept referring to my pc as Bertha. I have had to stop calling it that though as she keeps pointing out I'm 26 and need to grow up!

I'm now on my 3rd working day! currently in Pre-production. Not sure why I keep expecting I change in the progress so soon. Ask for overtime at work this week to speed time up and working a 6pm to 6am shift next week for the extra cash to pay for it!

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
6th working day! still in pre-pro hopefully going into build tomorrow!!! This wait is painful! can't wait for Bertha "Long distance carla" to arrive! haha

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
6th working day! still in pre-pro hopefully going into build tomorrow!!! This wait is painful! can't wait for Bertha "Long distance carla" to arrive! haha

Same boat as you :p Did get a email today and got a little excited, but it was just to say some pre producations take up to 7-8 days! bah :)

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
I got the same email. I read it at 4:30am when I was getting up for work and read it wrong, and got all excited that it had gone into build after 4 days. later in the day on my break I read it again and realised I was wrong haha.

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
right on the 9th working day and still on pre-pro. Just spoke to paul at pcs and he let me know it should be going on to being built within the next 48hrs. Hopefully tomorrow!! I was hoping I was going to receive it on Wednesday as its my day off but looks like it will be later in the week. Can't wait.

Little worried about Yodel though as I had a delivery of my open uni books on tuesday and the guy turned up in is own car, dressed in his own car and gave me a damaged box, luckily everything inside was ok. Was a little concerned as it looked like he was getting rid of the last few packages on his way home. Hope my pc doesn't end up the same.

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Ditto, Titan Fenrir's currently out of stock which is delaying mine! Hopefully by end of next week though!

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
Ok looks like It wont be built today. so maybe monday. This wait is killing me!

I see on your signature Birky that you are still the same as me!

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Mine got updated today! Hurrah!

Have you had any emails saying items are out of stock, that could be delaying it. Im sure yours will be built soon if they operate a que system because i ordered the same day i think!

Serendipity

Enthusiast
I got one last night about my graphics card, I would be on the same day as you guys but I'm gonna lag behind until Wednesday -.-

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
Thats great that yours has gone onto building. I haven't had any emails about stock. So yeah mine must be just behind yours in the queue.

What graphics card are you getting Serendipity?

I hate the weekends now haha, no update until Monday! fingers crossed.

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Well i got a email yesterday saying it was built and going into testing and quality control.

Got an email this morning saying its not built and waiting for parts.

sigh, bloody merry-go-round atm! Seems like my entire computer was out of stock, so i amend it, then get something else sprung :(