Fingerprint no longer asks me to log into sites

Vortex777

The option to log into websites using my stored fingerprint passwords is no longer available. It use to always work with chrome, but now it never asks if I want to log in via fingerprint on IE or chrome or firefox. I've checked it's enabled as extensions and they are yet it doesn't work.

It's annoying having to manually type in my passwords when I have the finger print reader. I have the Vortex IV if that helps and I've tried updating the driver in device manager which completely made my fingerprint unreadable through the scanner and didn't fix the problem.

I've also tried unticking the ''the allow the computer to turn off device to save power'' box but still didn't help and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the finger print reader with the disk.

Last edited:

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Not sure what to suggest as I don't have this.

I would completely uninstall and reinstall browser, removing all add-ons and extensions.
I would suggest re-installing drivers which you have done, but it doesn't sound like it would be a driver issue, more like a lack of communication from your browser :/

That's my tuppence thrown in anyway! Good luck!

Vortex777

Not sure what to suggest as I don't have this.

I would completely uninstall and reinstall browser, removing all add-ons and extensions.
I would suggest re-installing drivers which you have done, but it doesn't sound like it would be a driver issue, more like a lack of communication from your browser :/

That's my tuppence thrown in anyway! Good luck!

Thanks I appreciate the suggestion but I've also tried that too and didn't resolve the issue.

steaky360

I've never used a fingerprint reader before, I'd suggest maybe giving PCS a call, perhaps they've had this issue before.

Something else to try might be to actually restore your system to a point you last remember it working, perhaps a recent update of chrome/windows has stopped the reader working as it used to?

Vortex777

I've never used a fingerprint reader before, I'd suggest maybe giving PCS a call, perhaps they've had this issue before.

Something else to try might be to actually restore your system to a point you last remember it working, perhaps a recent update of chrome/windows has stopped the reader working as it used to?

Yeah I also tried that a while back and still no luck. I think I just might have to give em call when I got time to see if they can help.

Xeph20

Bronze Level Poster
Not sure if it would work but you could clean your registery (or first uninstall the things u think are needed then clean and then reinstall)
But yeah i hope PCS can help you better :)

darsmi

Bronze Level Poster
The option to log into websites using my stored fingerprint passwords is no longer available. It use to always work with chrome, but now it never asks if I want to log in via fingerprint on IE or chrome or firefox. I've checked it's enabled as extensions and they are yet it doesn't work.

It's annoying having to manually type in my passwords when I have the finger print reader. I have the Vortex IV if that helps and I've tried updating the driver in device manager which completely made my fingerprint unreadable through the scanner and didn't fix the problem.

I've also tried unticking the ''the allow the computer to turn off device to save power'' box but still didn't help and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the finger print reader with the disk.

Hi there....i have the vortex 3 elite and have the same problem. It worked fine when i first got the laptop. But then all of a sudden it stopped working. Also it has stopped working at the windows log on screen. I did reinstall the driver and it worked for a little while, but once again its not working now.
Dont know what to do about it......as keep on reinstalling the drivers is a pain in the a$$.
Let me know if you find a solution and i will do the same for you.

Cheers