Firefox running CPU at 98 degrees

Flucky

Hi chaps,

Had a weird scenario with Firefox a little earlier. I'd just finished watching Green Mile, turned the TV off and heard my laptop screaming. I went in it's room to make sure it was ok when I noticed the fans absolutely blasting out. Never have I heard my laptop in so much pain before. I opened up Real Temp and it showed each core temperature at 98 degrees, which is chicken oriental, and this scared me as I didn't know how long they had been running at this temperature - presumably the whole time I was watching John Coffey do Jesus stuff. I didn't have anything open (taskbar was empty) however when I tried to open up Firefox it refused and said it was already one running. I then whipped out ol' Ctrl-Alt-Del and got task manager up, looked at processes and Firefox was running at >250,000 K. I immediately ended process and watched my core temps shoot down, and settle at a more chillaxed 50 degrees. No idea why it happened, but it's left me scared to leave my laptop alone while idle.

Intredasting or what?!

Peace out yo.

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
Hmm, that is odd. Just keep an eye on it and see if it happens again :)

There have been times when firefox on my old rig had moments, refusing to close, using all my CPU etc