First gaming rig!

Dyce101

This is my second purchase with PCS due to their excellent service. I bought a Vortex II last year and couldn't be happier with it. I wanted something a bit more powerful for picture/video editing and also gaming. My girlfriend though thinks it's more for the former as she would be less than pleased to know that it's more for the latter! She would never agree to spending this amount of money just for gaming.:tt2:

It took me about 2 weeks to decide what I was wanting, now the only game that I'll play is the waiting game, its only on the 3rd working day so a while still to wait yet.

Thanks to rubensolo for the advice.

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE(With 2x additional side door fans)
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-3770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max 4.60GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH Z77: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P(4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO II C240 DUAL RAD LIQUID CPU COOLER (Special Offer) (£89)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium (£59)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Swanky777

Bronze Level Poster
Really nice build mate! Will destroy anything you throw at it, hope the wait isn't to painfull :)

MaltonSeadog

Silver Level Poster
Nice! My initial thought is that one 240GB SSD won't be enough storage for photo/video stuff. Are you using an external HDD alongside it? Very surprised you've not chucked a 1TB Caviar Black in there as you're spending so much already! ;)

Dyce101

It was more painful than I wanted and I went way over budget at £1,953 but I know it will be worth it when I get it set up. I had to make concessions on some things as I wanted a good CPU, memory and good GPU set up. I originally wanted a couple of monitors too but I'll have to get them at a later date.

I have 3 HDD waiting here to be installed so storage won't be a problem. They are older SATA HDDs but more than enough for use as storage.

Tanbleeky

Very nice setup. After taken Rubensolo's advice, I have saved £140 and ended up with a better system :)
The hardest part for me was going for an SSD, but having seen a SSD youtube vide, I'm sold. Tbh I might go for the 670 sli setup and downgrade my Razer keyboard and mouse. Both of them do look great, but they are probably serious overkill.

Dyce101

Yeah I looked at the keyboard and mouse too but I decided to stick with what i have for now plus I have a xbox controller to use as well. Personally I think it's a much better idea spending it on another 670 even though it may be seen as over kill too in some peoples eyes, I'd rather have a system that has enough oomph for current and future games. I will upgrade to better peripherals in the future.
Saying that though, with or without a 2nd 670 it will still be a great setup!

I bought an SSD for my Vortex II a few months ago and after using that I would never go back to a HDD as my primary disk. Everything loads much fast, the biggest difference I've noticed is with quicktime which now it loads up in about 3 seconds. If you are impatient like me then SSDs are worth every penny!

Rubensolo gave great advice to me also so credit to him. Have you ordered your system yet?