First time designing a gaming computer, thoughts?

How does this gaming speccing look?

• Total voters

dink81979

Ok, I dont know too much about computers, let alone speccing them, but as I need a new gaming computer I was recommended this site. Basically just half blindly felt my way through it with the limited knowledge I have to make educated decisions to build a computer to my £1000 approx limit. Would really appreciate some feedback and maybe the odd bit of advice on some tweaks I could make before I order it. Thanking you in advance

COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8P67 LE: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
3rd Hard Disk NONE
4th Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£59)
Processor Cooling TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£19)
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Pricing Information

Price £1,018.00
Wattage
Maximum Required Power 488W

TudorVII

Enthusiast
I'm assuming you're not planning on overclocking, so I'd suggest trading your CPU for the non K variant and also change your RAM down to the Samsung 1333MHz. You're not going to notice any difference between the two if you're not OCing
Upgrade your motherboard to the P8Z68 (personal opinion based on what others have said. Someone might correct me on a better solution)
Also, upgrade the PSU to the Corsair 650W option

Should be a solid and sensible build then.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i agree with everything TudorVII said, just make sure to remove the free trials before you purchase, you dont want loads of software slowing you down right from the start

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The bullguard free trial is excellent & if you don't want to buy it at the end of the 90 days
it's no problem to uninstall it & install MS security essentials,that's what I did.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The bullguard free trial is excellent & if you don't want to buy it at the end of the 90 days
it's no problem to uninstall it & install MS security essentials,that's what I did.

and i could almost guarentee finding files related to bullguard on your computer

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
and i could almost guarentee finding files related to bullguard on your computer
lol,and I can guarantee for certain you wouldn't find any files relating to bullguard on my computer,I had to replace the hard drive :)
erm,what's your point anyway?almost any program will leave some remnants in the registry or whatever.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
exactly, no point in installing a program you wont use after, keeping the registry as small as possible optimizes performance, which is why programs like CCleaner are so successful

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
exactly, no point in installing a program you wont use after, keeping the registry as small as possible optimizes performance, which is why programs like CCleaner are so successful
There is a point in in using the bullguard free trial,for a start it's very good & you don't need to download & install an antivirus program,
and besides,some people like it so much they do buy it before the trial is up.
I agree ccleaner is a good program,I sometimes use it myself,besides, you can clean up the registry manually if you know what your'e doing.
soo,still don't see your point :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
there is no point using a second program when you can just use one for the whole time which will leave less behind

UndeadJack

Master Poster
what games you playing? if you aren't playing anything except minecraft and CoD you are fine but if you are playing BF or even MW3 (in the future) or Crysis get at least the 570. If not you have a great setup xD