Flash BIOS - unrestricted BIOS

bpr

Hello there,

as mentioned in the title I would like to flash the bios to have unrestricted access.

I know that I would lose the warranty and any technical support afterwards if I ran into problems.

However, due to the nature of my job I need to enable hard disk encryption (not via bitlocker!) and I need to have access to other features such as Virtualisation etc. Though I feel like the virtualisation is enabled.

The bios is an Aptio 2.15.1236 by American Megatrends Inc. - BIOS Version 4.6.5

The motherboard is an P15SM-A_SM1-A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That would require a custom bios which only pcs or clevo would be able to do for you. I'd suggest giving pcs a call and asking them. These forums aren't monitored by pcs, so we won't be able to help unfortunately.

Edit: virtualisatuon is enabled by default.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello there,

as mentioned in the title I would like to flash the bios to have unrestricted access.

I know that I would lose the warranty and any technical support afterwards if I ran into problems.

However, due to the nature of my job I need to enable hard disk encryption (not via bitlocker!) and I need to have access to other features such as Virtualisation etc. Though I feel like the virtualisation is enabled.

The bios is an Aptio 2.15.1236 by American Megatrends Inc. - BIOS Version 4.6.5

The motherboard is an P15SM-A_SM1-A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I agree with SpyderTracks, only PCS or Clevo can help you with this (and I don't believe Clevo will talk to end users, they only deal with OEMs). I would not, under any circumstances, use a BIOS you might find from any other source. You risk not only voiding your warranty and loosing support but you also risk bricking the laptop and turning it into a lump of useless plastic.