Flight Simulator 2024

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
So it's getting pretty close now and I thought I would start a new thread with some various snips of information that I've been viewing.

From what I can understand, it's still going to require quite heavy duty hardware but that hardware will now garner you an even better experience than ever before. Most notably for me is the VR aspect where, straight from the horses mouth, they mentioned that it looks spectacular.

I'm really looking forward to this, especially with the mention that many of the improvements will be coming to the 2020 version. For 2024 there are many improvements but I think the main steer is going to be towards actual gameplay, which will be fantastic.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So it's getting pretty close now and I thought I would start a new thread with some various snips of information that I've been viewing.

From what I can understand, it's still going to require quite heavy duty hardware but that hardware will now garner you an even better experience than ever before. Most notably for me is the VR aspect where, straight from the horses mouth, they mentioned that it looks spectacular.

I'm really looking forward to this, especially with the mention that many of the improvements will be coming to the 2020 version. For 2024 there are many improvements but I think the main steer is going to be towards actual gameplay, which will be fantastic.

Is this an entirely new game? That's remarkably quick for a FS game! Usually it's like a few millennia.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Is this an entirely new game? That's remarkably quick for a FS game! Usually it's like a few millennia.

looking like a new game

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah it's a new game. The decision was made last year I believe. They wanted to make changes from the ground up so guess they had to justify the time with a new title.

It isn't necessarily a successor to FS2020 (well it is, but), it's more an enhanced version with a huge push towards gameplay and missions.

Most of the performance tweaks are likely to carry across so unless you're looking for something specific in FS2024 there's not much point in buying the new one really.

I will though, because I'm an idiot.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Yeah it's a new game. The decision was made last year I believe. They wanted to make changes from the ground up so guess they had to justify the time with a new title.

It isn't necessarily a successor to FS2020 (well it is, but), it's more an enhanced version with a huge push towards gameplay and missions.

Most of the performance tweaks are likely to carry across so unless you're looking for something specific in FS2024 there's not much point in buying the new one really.

I will though, because I'm an idiot.

does look cool though, be interesting to see if the screenshots translate to real life gameplay