For anyone who enjoys a bit of Loungeroom / Big Band

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My favorite trance DJ's, Above & Beyond, are a trio. 2 of them met in university and the third joined later who ended up being the "business brains".

They are all classically trained musicians, and when they write a trance track, they always flesh it out initially on guitars and piano etc to get the feel for it.

As such, in 2009, they decided to do something a little off the wall, and did a live set in a hot air balloon with the three of them playing their dance tracks on instruments, and Zoe Johnston singing (the original singer for Faithless) and they filmed it just to see what the reaction would be. It was a massive success. This was well before everyone and their dog started doing it.

They went away realising they may be able to do something with this, and remember, they're now all in their mid to late 40's so life is changing as it is.

So in 2013, they arranged a tiny live performance at the Portchester Hall in London with a handful of audience members and then later at the Greek in LA. It was incredibly well received. This was the first selection of their trance tracks reinterpretted.

Then in 2016 they followed up with a second run on Acoustic 2, this time playing venues like The Hollywood Bowl, Royal Albert Hall, and Sydney Opera House.

By now Acoustic as a series had reached worldwide fame.

They were due to record Acoustic 3 last year, but due to covid it was postponed until this year, we'll see how it goes.

But I'd suggest anyone to give them a listen. I'm currently listening to Acoustic on vinyl for about the millionth time, and it never fails to move me. It's such an accomplished mix of styles including big band, jazz, blues rifts, classical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

not heard of them before, After listening to the first clip above i'm getting the cranberries vibes,

sounds good, need to look into them.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm listening to Acoustic II tonight.

This is probably my favorite track from the albums so far, it's just breathtakingly good. Stick it on LOUD

And this one is beautiful too:

Last edited: