Formt my SSD and HDD.

EYEONME

Hi,

I need to format my SSD and HDD, I want to wipe all my personal details off them as I will be upgrading them.

Anyone have any info or has done it before?

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You ok connecting them to pc/laptop? You can either do this by external hard drive caddy, or connect them internally to a spare sata/pata port and power supply.

If so, connect them up, in windows goto file explorer, right click on the drive you want to format, select format, then you can specify ntfs or fat32 if you want, done. simples.

If you want to be extra safe, then download a program called ccleaner, on there it has an option to do secure erase with up to 7 passes.

EYEONME

Thanks could I not do it in the laptop? as I don't have a caddy etc.

Do them in the laptop and then they will be ready to be taken out??

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks could I not do it in the laptop? as I don't have a caddy etc.

Do them in the laptop and then they will be ready to be taken out??

You'll be able to do the one that windows isn't loaded on, but not the windows one, you'll have to do that on another pc.

Edit: unless you have a windows install disk. If you do, once you've formatted the storage drive, then boot into the windows install disk and the first stage is managing disk partitions, there you can choose to format the windows partition and then once complete, exit the install.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
What you want is GParted Live (http://gparted.org/livecd.php)

Its effectively a partitioning programme that is essentially in its own operating system that will run on a memory stick or CD/DVD. From there you can properly format all of the drives within the system with no problem. No need for another PC.