Forums Suggestion

pez

Guys, thought this might be something you could consider.

I've been a member of the gaming forums EnemyDown for the best part of 10 years now. We petitioned for a Buy/Sell forum and got it. Quite a bit of good, honest trade has been done and thought it might be an idea.

I would obviously suggest a certain number of posts, or even associate the forum activation with Member status (i.e. Bright Spark upwards).

However, as we are mostly active enthusiasts, there should be no issues. Clearly work on reputation when considering a purchase from a member.

I would also emphasise, from a legal standpoint, the rules at the top of each section should give absolute indemnification to PCS and explain they are not liable, in any way what so ever.

Personally, I think it could be a good thing. For example, my PSU has died. I need a new one. If someone has something lying around, we can help each other out :)

just a thought.

pez

Fair point :) Selling a load of DVD's right now, and old computers like an Amiga and a BBC B :D

LFFPicard

Godlike
I have a OLD Amstrad laptop that runs on 8 D Batteries :D
Been on ebay about 6 times and no sale.. Need to find a collector.

JSG10

Expert
Great idea :) Already went and bought a GPU from Picard on here! lol
Turns out I didn't need it but never mind! haha

LFFPicard

Godlike
Well funnily enough I did have a faulty Enermax 850w PSU under warranty, but noone at work wanted it so I threw it out.

Sorry :)

I could not be assed to do a RMA for a new one :D

Tom DWC

It sounds like an interesting concept though it'll be the PCS Admins that make any sort of decision regarding this.

I've got a spare PSU lying around Pez. It's an FSP 600W model. Send me a PM if that's any good to you at all. :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Good idea, and no doubt something we will setup once the forums mature a little more - they'll be having their first birthday in 2 months! :)

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Canny good idea and as you have said most of the people are active enthusiast, so it if you cap it at that as a minimum or something then we wont get hassle from random people just trying to flog stuff without actually being a "valid" member of the forum community :)

if this goes ahead and does get implemented, i'd recommend maybe 3 subgroups or so for this; Selling, buying, trade(?) and giving away (receiver pays P&P ofc) even if that section wasn't used for Computer components or the like but little nick nacks that someone may be interested in, a book or maybe a CD/DVD (because downloading is illegal...mkay) something that would just go in the bin or get recycled.

pez

Fair points Sie :) On the otherhand, what we did on a well known domain trading site, was put [Trade], [Sell], [Buy], [Free] in front of each topic title.

Could be easily admined and moderated. I'd be happy to moderate it if the PCS guys were happy with that.

JonnyPx

Gold Level Poster
If anyone has a spare Graphics card they'd like to flog for postage?! Seeing as I have a 7300gt, anything is an upgrade! o.0