Fps drops on rocket league

Millward18

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys, I normally use to be able to play rocket league on everything ultra at the max 250 frames. However since the start of this week. I only get around 150- 160 frames. There has been no new updates to the game. I have uninstalled and installed the graphics drivers of my gtx 1080 but no improvement. Can anyone suggest anything else.

As far as I know it may only be on rocket league...

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Have you run things like Ungine Valley, 3dmark Firestike, etc to see how performance compares to other GTX 1080 systems?

Have you carefully checked the settings to make sure they are the same? No changes to anything like view distance, or a more expensive form of Anti Aliasing set? These settings can get sneakily changed sometimes without you realising... in some games anyway, not sure about rocket league.

TeDeeF

I've lost the amount of FPS in Rocket League after I changed Windows to Windows 10.
I quite often trade and buy Rocket League items, more often than I play, but that's what I know.

Last edited:

Millward18

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you all, I will check it out later. I believe the settings all stayed the same. But perhaps I can alter the gpu usage for rocket league... if I can?

TeDeeF

I have no idea, the only way I know is to uninstall Windows and install an older version from the disc. I never tried because I got used to fewer fps in my Rocket League.
Another advice I can give you is if you need to buy Rocket League items and crates. In this Rocket league shop / store there are Impact crates, Victory Crates, Triumph Crates, Champions Crate, Playor's choice crate, nitro crate, turbo crate and basically all rocket league crates. It's worth knowing what their content is.
We find TW Zomba (titanium White) White Apex, Exotic Wheels and other Rocket League items https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league
I derive my knowledge about the Rocket League from this site.

These items are very valuable, but are they expensive?
Prawdfatycznie are priceless, so congratulations on having such items.
Similarly, in Rocket League there are also expensive items, among them Titanium white exotic wheels such as Titanium White Zomba.
Titanium White Draco
Titanium White Centro.
This is decoding the most expensive wheels in the entire Rocket League :)
Next we have not only Exotic Wheels, but also other Rocket League items such as Goal Explosions, Black market Decals, Rocket League trails (Helios).
Most Expensive Black market decals are:
Fire God, Dissolver, Streamline - but remember about the still popular Heatwave (which will be replaced by Fire God Black Market Decal). These are definitely some of the more expensive items in this game, you can buy them just like everything crates and items. Crate is a valuable item from which you can get Rocket League items such as Titanium White Zomba and Titanium White Draco Wheels. The most popular crates include the latest Impact Crate, a bit older and very popular Triumph Crate. The predecessor of these two crates, ie Victory Crate and two classic and the most expensive crates in the Rocket League, namely Champions Crate 4 and Player's Choice Crate. In general, you can find interesting items in the champion crate.
If you are looking for an article where all The Most Expensive Rocket League items are described, then I recommend Odealo and their article CHEAPEST LEAGUE ITEMS.
Very good illustrations and a lot of professional knowledge. Price list in the keys (price items) and the complete list of Most expensive Rocket league items.
Odealo is great for buy Rocket League items

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I play on a basic Samsung monitor - cant remember the model name. It is 1080p and 60hz.

Then it doesn't have any impact how many frames per second over 60 the system can do, you will only ever get 60fps because of the limitation of the monitor.

Millward18

Bronze Level Poster
Then it doesn't have any impact how many frames per second over 60 the system can do, you will only ever get 60fps because of the limitation of the monitor.
Yeah I realise that, I'm not really concerned about that. I'm curious as why my frames drop from a solid 250 to 100 odd. There surely must be something wrong with either the GPU, or a windows update causing only problems for Rocket League?:surrender:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If other games are fine it's probably not the GPU - could be a driver update, an update to the game, or a windows update ofc.

Millward18

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys, further to this I have noticed frame dips like rocket league on other games. I have noticed a trend in these games - They all use DX9 and 32 bit, will this have an impact on frames? Or is there a way to update DX9 or change 32 bit to 86 or 64?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If a game's DX9, only the developer can change that.

There are sometimes patchers for games that increase the amount of memory they can use: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/4GB_memory_patcher which I've heard of in the context of Oblivion and Skyrim modding. But I don't see them mentioned much these days and am not sure whether other tools like ENBs (which have other ways of getting around memory limitations) are used instead. Been too long since I looked at it.

Millward18

Bronze Level Poster
If a game's DX9, only the developer can change that.

There are sometimes patchers for games that increase the amount of memory they can use: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/4GB_memory_patcher which I've heard of in the context of Oblivion and Skyrim modding. But I don't see them mentioned much these days and am not sure whether other tools like ENBs (which have other ways of getting around memory limitations) are used instead. Been too long since I looked at it.

Thank you, will have a look :yes: