Fractal 7 noisy fans

snappyhappy2015

While I don't mind fan noise when I am actually doing stuff as I will be wearing headphones . The case fans are running at full speed all the time even when totally idle there does not seem to be any way to control this as the bios qfan settings do nothing. Having noisy fans in a silence focused case with no ability to control them seems a tad bonkers :) I have a major issue with noise and the noise levels at idle are unacceptable for me. My previous PC { also from PCS} using the Fractal R5 an ancestor of this case is silent in idle . I have the Noctua tower cooler which is silent. The PCH fan also runs at around 3000rpm again when idle

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I'm fairly certain the fans aren't plugged into the correct inputs on the board.

When you've got a mo, can you trace the fan cables and see where they plug into? Take photos of the ports they plug into and upload if you can. Max image size is 1MB, or post a link to an external hosting site if you can't upload.

snappyhappy2015

I manged to grab a couple of shots before heading to work { possibly late :) } Hopefully they will show what you wanted
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
07.jpg
01.jpg
07.jpg

snappyhappy2015

Fractal 7 { 2 front 1 rear case fans}
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
Ryzen 9 5950X
AMD 6800XT
Noctua NH-U14S
SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 STORAGE X 2

Other than the fan noise it is a sweet machine.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So those fans need to be plugged into that little board on the left hand side, then the cooler and the USBs should be plugged in on the right hand side:

1596442568047.png

By the looks of things, it's possible that it's setup correctly, but I thought there were 3 case fans, not just 2.

Check also that the CPU_Fan header from that board is running to the correct CPU_Fan header on the motherboard which should be clearly marked.

Also double check that the power from the second one in from the left is correctly connected to the PSU.

It's going to be a bit of a fiddle with the cable management I'm afraid.

snappyhappy2015

I tried all that to no avail . But luckily my son had a couple of Noctua fans in his house { too ugly for his set up apparently :). So I just fitted them and the system is now whisper quiet , plus as they are PWM the can be easily controlled . Thanks for the help and hope you have a great Christmas