Free screen capturing software?

Flucky

lo chaps

Are there any decent free screen capturing programs out there (not for capturing in game, but what you doing on screen ie desktop) that won't force you to buy stuff?

Downloaded a few but they had limited usage as free users.

Thanks in advance ma homies

JSG10

Expert
Aye there is, it's the 'Prt Scrn' or "Print Screen" button. ;-) Then just paste into something like Paint and save as jpg. :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Aye there is, it's the 'Prt Scrn' or "Print Screen" button. ;-) Then just paste into something like Paint and save as jpg. :)

Haha, nice one JSG, Tis true though, in terms of "what's on my screen now" PrtScn does the job for me. I then paste it in irfanview (free image thingy), and then go croptastic on it :) (I think Office 2010 paint would do the latter job too, but old paint is rubbish :D )

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
No you fools :p I mean as in videoing what you're doing on the screen.

That...that...that just goes against all logic...

You could however go old school, and capture the image of each move you make on the screen, then put them all together in an awesome stop-motion vid :D (ala the recent unboxing vid)

JSG10

Expert
Ah you didn't specify video :p Just use your phone or camera and video the screen? Lol

Hypercam does seem to be a decent one, seen a lot of youtube vids using that, think it watermarks the video though do depends if that bothers you or not.