Freeze and Reboot Issue - AMD 5900x - 4 x 8GB Corsair 3600MHz RAM

ChrisCooney

Silver Level Poster
Installing other 2 DIMMS now and setting RAM frequency to 3533 in the BIOS. Will let you guys know how it progresses - expecting outages within 48 hours of running.

ChrisCooney

Silver Level Poster
Looks good! Will monitor.

Attachments

• 4x3533.PNG
    4x3533.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 129

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just FYI - no crashes, left the PC on all night. 48 hours is a safe baseline but looking strong so far! No noticeable change in errors in the event viewer either.
Ooooo, looking tasty!!! (y) Performance wise there will be zero difference between 3533 and 3600 so this could be a real winner!

I'm sure Asus will release a BIOS update to address the 3600 DOCP profile at some stage, don't know why it's taken so damn long!

ChrisCooney

Silver Level Poster
I'm gonna call this one solved guys. Since I opened the case, the fan rattles which I'm looking how to fix (can't win them all!!) BUT no crashes at all, 4x8GB ram at 3533 MHz.

Great job everyone, thanks so much for helping out. I don't think I'll even bother PCS with this unless an issue crops up. Not worth it for the extra bit of MHz!

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm gonna call this one solved guys. Since I opened the case, the fan rattles which I'm looking how to fix (can't win them all!!) BUT no crashes at all, 4x8GB ram at 8533 MHz.

Great job everyone, thanks so much for helping out. I don't think I'll even bother PCS with this unless an issue crops up. Not worth it for the extra bit of MHz!

Congrats, and also thanks so much for taking the time to try it out and report back. Hopefully we can test this on a few others with stability issues and see if it's a common fix and report back to PCS to avoid in the future.

I'm gonna call this one solved guys. Since I opened the case, the fan rattles which I'm looking how to fix (can't win them all!!) BUT no crashes at all, 4x8GB ram at 8533 MHz.

Just to clarify incase someone else with a similar issue looks at this you ment 3533 not 8533 right :)