Front fans

Troy2801

Hi any help would be appreciated,
I have two fans on the front of the case with like a radiator (looks like a car radiator) behind them, are these fans meant to run all the time or just if the liquid in the cooling system gets to a certain temperature.
Thanks again

Case
CIT DARK SOUL BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB Intel® H10 NVMe SSD + 32GB Intel® Optane™ (up to 2400MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W CV SERIES™ CV-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

steaky360

Hi @Troy2801 A photo would be helpful if you can post one but from what you've described it sounds like the radiator from the PCS Frostflow.

The fans will spin all of the time but are hopfully connected to the motherboard headers (or frostflow headers if it has them) such that they're not spinning up at full speed all of the time.

Troy2801

Hi @steaky360 thankyou for the reply, these are the fans and they are never running they spin up when I start the pc but then go off and stay off I've never seen them running.

Attachments

• Fans 2.jpg
    Fans 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 154

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi @steaky360 thankyou for the reply, these are the fans and they are never running they spin up when I start the pc but then go off and stay off I've never seen them running.
That's not good, can you see if you can find the wire that runs to the motherboard from the fans and see what header they're plugged into?

Troy2801

Hi @SpyderTracks sorry I am no computer whiz, I know next to nothing just thought strange they wasn't running. I have taken this picture if you can see the wire you mean. Sorry to be a bit stupid :(

Attachments

• fans 3.jpg
    fans 3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 143

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi @SpyderTracks sorry I am no computer whiz, I know next to nothing just thought strange they wasn't running. I have taken this picture if you can see the wire you mean. Sorry to be a bit stupid :(
Those are the cooler pipes.

There should be some smaller normal wires running from the fans to the motherboard. They’ll slot in to a port on the motherboard which will have some letters by it like cha1 or cpu1

Troy2801

Those are the cooler pipes.

There should be some smaller normal wires running from the fans to the motherboard. They’ll slot in to a port on the motherboard which will have some letters by it like cha1 or cpu1
Thank you I have located the cpu fan inlet where it is connected I’ve de connected it and put it back in but it seemed to be in fine before i took it out. I'm thinking there must be power because when i initially turn the pc on they fire up for like 5 seconds then go off. Its very confusing :(

Attachments

• cpu fan.jpg
    cpu fan.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 128

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you I have located the cpu fan inlet where it is connected I’ve de connected it and put it back in but it seemed to be in fine before i took it out. I'm thinking there must be power because when i initially turn the pc on they fire up for like 5 seconds then go off. Its very confusing :(
I would log it with PCS then, that needs fixing.