FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD) installation and rx6700xt

Iqbal

Hi my question is that I recently bought form the pcs upgrade a pcs FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD) and rx6700xt which I have two questions for them if they can be answered.

1.For the FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD) does the come instructions to assemble in my build as I have read in another post that it doesn’t come with an assembly guide.

2.for my rx6700xt will this gpu be good with an ryzen 5 3600, I will be using this gpu with my gigabyte c27wc 1440p 165 hz monitor for some 1440p gaming.

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
Sorry can't help with your cooler query, I'm sure one of the more experienced posters on here will be along soon to provide an answer.

As for the 6700xt, I'm not sure how many people on here will have any personal experience with that setup at present, however most reviews I've seen of that setup seems to have the 3600 when combined with the 6700xt at 1440p on the highest graphical settings, giving about 50fps.

The YT link below gives brief benchmarks on Warzone, Valorant, Cyberpunk and PUBG, so that may help. Skip the video to 15:30 for the start of the benchmarks

Link below shows benchmarks for a different variety of games, when compared against a 3070. Watch from 3:30

D

Deleted member 17413

What build are you putting them into?
Can you list your specs?

AS a note, the PCS coolers wouldnt generally be recommend, if you were looking at the less expensive ones the Coolermaster lite 240 is far better performance. Laptops for past 10 years and only now using a desktop that had one installed during building, so i've only seen videos myself.

The GPU cad is practically plug and play for installation. There will be a screw fixing the mounting bracket to the case, undo that, then in the slot it sits in on teh motherboard youll have a little lock lever/tab you press down onto to release the card.
When you slot the new one that latch will click back into place, and just replace the mounting screw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iqbal

Case

COOLER-MASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH RGB GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard

ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!

Memory (RAM)

down_right_arrow.gif

16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card

down_right_arrow.gif

4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER - HDMI

1st Storage Drive

down_right_arrow.gif

1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

1st M.2 SSD Drive

256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (1900 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)

Power Supply:

CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Processor Cooling

STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

LED Lighting:

50cm RGB LED Strip

Sound Card

ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wireless

WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0

D

Deleted member 17413

Previous GPU was a 1650 Super... so was that on 1080p monitors?
Regarding the cooler, you are putting it on a ryzen 3600, was there a reason you felt you needed an AIO?
Temps up high or anything like that?

With the PCS one (if you have it on the way already) I would just send it back. Im not sure how long youve had the machine, but the stock coolers on them were more than suitable.... a repaste is probably the only thing it may need...
If you insist on wanting a better cooling option, I would look at one of the coolermaster ones, the 240 is very good and still inexpensive.
If you want RGB lighting, I would just buy some more RGB lighting strips.

Iqbal

Regarding the cooler, you are putting it on a ryzen 3600, was there a reason you felt you needed an AIO?

With the PCS one (if you have it on the way already) I would just send it back. Im not sure how long youve had the machine, but the stock coolers on them were more than suitable.... a repaste is probably the only thing it may need...
If you insist on wanting a better cooling option, I would look at one of the coolermaster ones, the 240 is very good and still inexpensive.

Had this pc from last year June so yes I did have a 1080p monitor 75hz refresh upgraded to 1440p 165hz not long ago, I’ve ordered an aio cooler because my default made some weird noise and it just annoyed me so wanted to have an aio cooler because it was quieter and much cooler temps.
On regard of changing yes I was gonna change it but sadly they have already dispatched it so I’m gonna send that back and go for the one u suggested.

D

Deleted member 17413

The corsair lite 240 is a little more, but its very good value.

Looking at the build, did you buy it as a sort of pet project to do up? The Tuf X570 has thrown me a little.

Iqbal

Kinda but when I shared this thread last year with these specs they didn’t realy say anything about the motherboard I bought so that in future I can upgrade my cpu with these new cpu out and have a more value with motherboard.
I wanted to make sure the motherboard is not skimped out as well as the case.

D

Deleted member 17413

The Tuf X570 would happily support CPUs like the current 5800X (and very likely its counterpart in next series or so when released), its not bad, in fact its nice to have...it does give you more options.
But you would of been absolutely fine with a B550. I wouldnt worry about it now.... means you have plenty of scope to upgrade into.

Iqbal

The Tuf X570 would happily support CPUs like the current 5800X, its not bad, in fact its nice to have...it does give you more options.
But you wouild of been absolutely fine with a B550. I wouldnt worry about it now.... means you have plenty of scope to upgrade into.
Yh I think though at the time the b550 wasn’t out not sure but for me wanted the extra options and power but gonna stick with for couple of years just wanted to make sure I was ready for these new gpu and cpu then but we know how badly that went 😂 ended up wating for time.

D

Deleted member 17413

You can get 10 years out of that machine...
Upgrading the CPU somewhere further down the line, but atm Gen 4 M.2 drives in for OS and games and then just GPU upgrades every few years

Iqbal

You can get 10 years out of that machine...
Upgrading the CPU somewhere further down the line, but atm Gen 4 M.2 drives in for OS and games and then just GPU upgrades every few years
Yh that sounds like solid plan if I can these gen 4 m.2 drives for a decent amount will look into that this year.