Galaxy Z Fold 4

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well I decided after the main screen on my Z fold 2 failed the best bet was to upgrade to the Z fold 4 and I'm loving it this is a slightly tweaked sunset that I took with it last night, a full quality file can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/barbaaawoc870xt/2023-07-02 21.27.16.jpg?dl=0

2023-07-02 21.27.16-med quality.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How you getting on with it? What are the improvements over the 2? The screen longevity will be far better, I don’t think you’ll reach the crease limit like you did on the 2. The hinge as well is far better from a water resistant standpoint.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm loving it, its a lot faster, screen seems a lot brighter with better colours, and the camera is way better, shooting up to 50MP, as you say the water resistance is better than the 2 (I don't intend testing it any time soon)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm loving it, its a lot faster, screen seems a lot brighter with better colours, and the camera is way better, shooting up to 50MP, as you say the water resistance is better than the 2 (I don't intend testing it any time soon)
I’d love to see the screen, the improvement from the 2 to the three was incremental, but made quite a big impact, the 4 is that much better again from what I’m reading which is really impressive.

The under screen camera as well, is far better implemented on the 4, on the 3 it was really easy to make out that area when the screen was on although never enough to bother me during use, but I hear on the 4 it’s as if it wasn’t there at all. The charging speed as well is a lot quicker on the 4 which was already extremely good on the 3 at around 1.5hrs for a full charge.

People complain about iterative updates, but when it’s done well, the overall benefit is huge, I think the fold is one of those products where they’ve approached it with a lot of thought.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
People complain about iterative updates, but when it’s done well, the overall benefit is huge, I think the fold is one of those products where they’ve approached it with a lot of thought.
Yeah totally agree, there have been problems along the way, but they have stepped up to the mark and solved them, as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't go back to a non folding phone, the advantage of a fold is you've got a small tablet with the footprint of a normal phone