Bronze Level Poster
Found some cheap games @ Game.

Total War Shogun 2 £12.99
Brink: Special Edition £19.99
Operation Flashpoint DR £14.99
The Witcher 2 Premium Edition £24.99

pcdan

Bronze Level Poster
no point with total war shogun 2 from game out of stock.
kinda of had enough from game store either way.
ordered crysis 2 from them when it was £18 or w/e, then cancelled my order due to it out of stock. why have it say its in stock when its not.
then last friday i ordered crysis 2 from PLAY for a 1 day special newsletter from email and checked deals and was on there for £13 made my dad there. game has cancelled 2 of my orders now. been pathetic, so aint getting that much from them again. there is else where

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Discs break, get lost, can have problems.

I hate DLing for hours too, but i'd still rather do that as I know my investment is there forever, safe and sound :D

pcdan

Bronze Level Poster
lol they only break mainly if u dont look after them / leave them around for ppl to move. my discs are in a draw and wat not which are in cases. there not always safe and sound. what if you forget your email / account for downloading the games. you are also kinda bugged if you cant download. and with steam most games on there you need to be online to play. what if you aint plaing with no where with internet connection. when i go to try to go on offline on steam it dont let me go into offline.
even after years of it being out

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
MOST games on Steam can be played Offline. Only a few need to be online, and thats just the stupid DRM ones, which are now few and far between.

Pros and Cons for both of course :) But when I bought my 4th copy of WarCraft 3/FT coz i kept losing the disc/CD key, I knew which I prefered!

Actually that brings me to one of my major gripes with physical games, and a great thing about Steam...never lost CD keys/DLC keys!!!!

Each to their own

JSG10

Expert
Never once have I lost a game, CD or CD Key. I don't know how people manage it, just store them in one place lol The only disc I have ever broken was quite deliberately a good fews years back in a fit or rage after an argument about who it belonged to... so I snapped it so it didn't belong to anyone... rather childish looking back on it >.< lol Ah well we all do silly things from time to time. Apart from that, never has a disc been broken or scratched beyond use.

Al.Neri

Super Star
I have NEVER once broke a game disk, in all the years I have been playing them. I have never even had a disk scratched so badly that it affects the ability to play it. I have also never lost a cd key. if it is on a lose piece of paper, I always tape it to the inside of the box as soon as I have used it.

the only thing that comes remotely close to experiencing disk breakage from personal experience, was when I bought GTA4 and there was a hairline crack near the hole in the middle. the cause of that turned out to be a bad disk batch, which I ultimately got replaced without any fuss whatsoever.

I still have my old PS1 game disks stored away, ALL in excellent condition. as long as you take care of your disks, you should never have an issue with broken ones, unless it was an inherent batch fault like I had with GTA4, and those sorts of problems usually occur well within the warranty window.

I'm not knocking digital downloads, I have downloaded a few myself, but given the choice, I would always go for a hard copy.