Game lag

alfushoop

I'm trying to run games like, "baldur's gate 3" and "lies of p" on my new pc but the seem to be lagging also I have tried to run "valorant" but it keeps freezing on the startup menu I've even asked for support from the games support but they can't seem to find the issues would it be something wrong with my pc or the software itself?
The specs are:

Case
FRACTAL FOCUS 2 ARGB GAMING CASE (BLACK)
Promotional Item
Get Starfield: Premium Edition when you buy AMD Ryzen & Radeon Powered Systems!
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-5.3GHz/40MB CACHE/AM5)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI (DDR5, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 6000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 7800 XT GAMING - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR, 6500MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SOLIDIGM P41+ GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 4125MB/sR, 3325MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor Cooling
DeepCool AK400 Performance CPU Cooler ZERO DARK
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
ONBOARD 2.5Gbe LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Thank you

alfushoop

Have you set up windows fully?

What antivirus are you using?

What make and model monitor are you using?
I think I have just normal Windows Anti-Virus as I can't find any other Anti-Virus system on my pc and I'm not sure if Windows is set up fully but I think it is.

My monitor is msi mag274qrf-qd
It's 165hz and 1440p

The issue seems to arise when the game has fully loaded but I have a weaker pc in my house which can run the games perfectly fine so I'm not sue what the issue is on my pc.

Other aplications can run fine while the game is on and cursor movement isn't affected but the game just lags and I can't figure out why.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think I have just normal Windows Anti-Virus as I can't find any other Anti-Virus system on my pc and I'm not sure if Windows is set up fully but I think it is.

My monitor is msi mag274qrf-qd
It's 165hz and 1440p

The issue seems to arise when the game has fully loaded but I have a weaker pc in my house which can run the games perfectly fine so I'm not sue what the issue is on my pc.
What's the exact issue? Lag means there's a delay from input (mouse keyboard) to action in the game

If you haven't installed all your updates, then windows won't be ready for use yet, you need to install all windows updates and optional updates before you can start to use it. Also make sure your graphics drivers are on the latest.

alfushoop

What's the exact issue? Lag means there's a delay from input (mouse keyboard) to action in the game

If you haven't installed all your updates, then windows won't be ready for use yet, you need to install all windows updates and optional updates before you can start to use it. Also make sure your graphics drivers are on the latest.
The game runs slow as in fps is terrible not so bad that I can't see the game but that movement in the game is bad. I've run the game in the lowest setting and still doesn't change anything, I'm pretty sure my graphics drivers are updated as I've gone through the windows console and chose the "update drivers" option on both my graphics divers. Could you let me know how I would check to see if everything is up to date including my windows.
I've gone onto "windows updates" in settings and "checked for updates" and it says everything is up to date on there

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The game runs slow as in fps is terrible not so bad that I can't see the game but that movement in the game is bad. I've run the game in the lowest setting and still doesn't change anything, I'm pretty sure my graphics drivers are updated as I've gone through the windows console and chose the "update drivers" option on both my graphics divers. Could you let me know how I would check to see if everything is up to date includingmy windows.
Yeah GPU drivers you can only get from AMD directly

Go to the link, use the scroll box to find your GPU and install the drivers

Also make sure the monitor is actually plugged into the GPU itself and not the motherboard, if you plug the monitor into the motherboard it will use the iGPU instead of the expensive powerful dedicated GPU you put into the system.

Have to ask though what windows console? Do you mean the actual .cmd itself?

alfushoop

Yeah GPU drivers you can only get from AMD directly

Go to the link, use the scroll box to find your GPU and install the drivers

Also make sure the monitor is actually plugged into the GPU itself and not the motherboard, if you plug the monitor into the motherboard it will use the iGPU instead of the expensive powerful dedicated GPU you put into the system.

Have to ask though what windows console? Do you mean the actual .cmd itself?
Downloading that now hopefully it works and to be honest I can't remember I've been in to .cmd and updates things on that and in normal settings, I've tried everything but hopefully manually downloading it will work. Every other reason for lag I've tried to fix that why I posted on here for help.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Downloading that now hopefully it works and to be honest I can't remember I've been in to .cmd and updates things on that and in normal settings, I've tried everything but hopefully manually downloading it will work.
See trying everything sets off alarm bells, we've had people in the past install "driver managers" that supposedly automatically update all their drivers but in reality this basically ruins your computer because they are all terrible at it. you haven't installed anything like that by any chance?

always download drivers either from the Microsoft Updates page in Windows or directly from the source of the drivers themselves

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Downloading that now hopefully it works and to be honest I can't remember I've been in to .cmd and updates things on that and in normal settings, I've tried everything but hopefully manually downloading it will work. Every other reason for lag I've tried to fix that why I posted on here for help.
The only way to install driver updates is through optional updates and graphics from AMD / NVIDIA.

If you’re using any other method you’ve likely compromised windows and a clean install is usually the quickest solution

alfushoop

See trying everything sets off alarm bells, we've had people in the past install "driver managers" that supposedly automatically update all their drivers but in reality this basically ruins your computer because they are all terrible at it. you haven't installed anything like that by any chance?

always download drivers either from the Microsoft Updates page in Windows or directly from the source of the drivers themselves
No I've not installed anything extra just looked around with the pre installed apps settings and computer settings to change those but I've added nothing on as I didn't want to cause any damage

alfushoop

20231020_130756~2.jpg
it's in the "dp" port with a dp cable which came with my monitor.
There is one at the bottom of the pc should I use that ? (When using thoes it says no signal)

Last edited:

alfushoop

It worked
Thank you soo much, I'm sorry I keep asking for so much support this is my first ever experience with a new custom pc so I'm trying my best to fix issues alone.
But thank you to everyone who helped hopefully I won't have anymore issues :)