Game restarts my PC?

KillaAshley

Not sure If it's the game or my pc. Football Manager 15 (no other game does it) restarts my pc when playing it. After about 15 minutes on it my pc restarts itself? Any help?

Specs if needed

Case
PCS ALPHA TRION 7622B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD FX-6300 Six Core CPU (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
Motherboard
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P AM3+ (ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, 6Gb/s)
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
2GB AMD RADEON™ R9 270 - DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Free Item
FREE NSF - SILVER GAME VOUCHER with AMD R7 260 & R9 270 GPUs
1st Hard Disk
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Quantity

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The first things I'd suggest are:

1. Ensure that Windows is up to date by running Windows update and installing all important and recommended updates (I would suggest you do not install driver updates from Windows update).

2. Check that your drivers are up to date, you should generally only obtain driver updates from the hardware manufacturers website, avoid driver update tools and drivers from third party sites. Since it's failing in-game I would pay particular attention to the video drivers.

3. you might take a look at the Windows event viewer to see whether any errors were logged in there.

I'm sure others will have better suggestions... :)

KillaAshley

Done the first 2 and it still happens. Im not really sure how to use the Windows event viewer or what anything means.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Done the first 2 and it still happens. Im not really sure how to use the Windows event viewer or what anything means.

Football manager is mainly CPU focussed and you have the standard AMD cooler... my first thought would be overheating. You can test this by downloading piriform speccy or CPUID HWMonitor and monitoring your temperatures on idle on the desktop and then when you load and run FM. Post back results.

KillaAshley

Desktop before.png

in game after2.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Lols, that's me well wrong then :)

Ubuysa??? He's much better at this than me.

It may well be just an issue with the game itself for some reason.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The first things I'd suggest are:

1. Ensure that Windows is up to date by running Windows update and installing all important and recommended updates (I would suggest you do not install driver updates from Windows update).

2. Check that your drivers are up to date, you should generally only obtain driver updates from the hardware manufacturers website, avoid driver update tools and drivers from third party sites. Since it's failing in-game I would pay particular attention to the video drivers.

3. you might take a look at the Windows event viewer to see whether any errors were logged in there.

I'm sure others will have better suggestions... :)

The Windows event viewer often contains a mine of useful information, especially in cases like this. Fortunately, because it's a viewer (and not a changer) you can't break it or damage anything by messing with it. Given a little time to play with it you'll pretty soon figure out what info is in there and how best to interpret it. You might find the guide at http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/226084-event-viewer-open-use-windows-7-a.html a useful primer.

Just a thought....are you overclocking anything? If you are, or if you are running anything outside normal parameters you should disable that first and then test again.

Have you modified any of the Windows services (disabled, manual or automatic start, for example)? If so return them to their default settings.

If you have any external devices connected, or any non-PCS supplied hardware installed inside, then disconnect and remove those so you're just running with the base PC and test again.

I would also try disabling all non-essential programs that either run at startup or which stay running when closed, ideally you want only Windows and your game active. I realise that's hard to achieve but the more software you can eliminate the better.

It might also be worth testing your RAM, it's not very likely to be the problem here since it's so regular but it's easy to do. Download Memtest from http://memtest.org, extract the ISO file from the downloaded archive, then burn that ISO to a CD. Then boot that CD and Memtest will start running, leave it running at least overnight, longer if you can (you want as many iterations of the various tests as you can get). If you see any errors reported at all contact PCS and get a new RAM chip.

The best way to check whether this is a hardware issue is to first take a disk image of your system drive, Macrium Reflect from http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx is IMO the best way to do that (be sure to make a rescue CD at the same time so you can restore this image later - Reflect lets you do that). Then do a clean reinstall of Windows, do a custom install and delete all partitions on your system disk and then create a new one and install Windows into that. Install all the PCS-supplied drivers, all important Windows updates, and then only the FM15 game. See whether that suffers the same issue. I realise that is a fairly arduous process, but it will give you the most stable software platform possible so if it still fails it's most likely hardware. If you afterwards want to go back to the system you had originally you can restore the Macrium Reflect image.